Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Update 2] Stutters/microfreezes every 3 seconds

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 2:51:36 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:

We're still working on optimization. Next updates should alleviate these issues.

Do you mean Update 3 or a minor revision before then?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 31, 2017, 11:22:23 AM

@Uriak: do you still encounter stutters or freezes of any kind throughout gameplay?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 4:27:19 PM

That's good news ! I had given up testing until the game could run in a non infuriating way :p

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 12:50:02 PM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:
satoru wrote:
Belhoriann wrote:

No need, because with the official release of the Update 2, the periodic stutters are gone, GONE!

Only remain some hiccups here and there, but nothing annoying enough to prevent me to play!

Oh ok well that's good news then

Now who is going to clean up this wall......

Ok, I'll do it

That's fine if it's gone !

Yes I'm glad I can play ES2 at last, thanks guys for the help!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 2:41:13 AM
satoru wrote:
Belhoriann wrote:

No need, because with the official release of the Update 2, the periodic stutters are gone, GONE!

Only remain some hiccups here and there, but nothing annoying enough to prevent me to play!

Ok, I'll do it

That's fine if it's gone !

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 1:38:52 AM
satoru wrote:
Belhoriann wrote:

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 1:36:54 AM
Belhoriann wrote:

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 12:49:19 AM

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 12:08:20 AM

Lets throw more fecal matter on the wall! Something is gotta stick.. or is sticky... or something?

Have you tried disabling the steam overlay?

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 9:25:43 PM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:

Can you try windowed mode just to see if uping the OS prerogatives over the app helps to control those stupid buses ?

(which is the pb, to me, because CPU don't hang 3s - doesn't hang - hang 3s- doesn't hang with healthy software for 99.99% of people)

3GB of shared mem worries me.

Your typical SSD will read that in s 3GB in 6 to 12 seconds : if we're looking at your mobo, your SATA3 bus is 6 Gb/s. That's 750 MB/s... You can read 3GB in 4 seconds, tops (more likely a little more).

I already tried windowed mode, I used it to read the CPU usage and notice the spikes. So no change.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 8:15:36 PM

Can you try windowed mode just to see if uping the OS prerogatives over the app helps to control those stupid buses ?

(which is the pb, to me, because CPU don't hang 3s - doesn't hang - hang 3s- doesn't hang with healthy software for 99.99% of people)

3GB of shared mem worries me.

Your typical SSD will read that in s 3GB in 6 to 12 seconds : if we're looking at your mobo, your SATA3 bus is 6 Gb/s. That's 750 MB/s... You can read 3GB in 4 seconds, tops (more likely a little more).

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 9:20:20 AM

Another thing to try would be windowed mode I guess ?

Second thing, it may be a good idea to check the event viewer (start > type "eventvwr") - if you know how to read it, it can help to see if there is an hardware problem.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 7:03:30 PM

Haha odd perf problems are sometimes due to unsuspected causes, so I'm willing to try anything at this point ;)

satoru wrote:

The only other flag I see at least in your dxdiag is you're running one of those "Killer" ethernet cards. 

Yeah, I wanted to uninstall this useless app two days ago, but I forgot. Will do it tonight, thx!

EDIT:

Tried a lot of things the evening: unplug the webcam, kill Network Manager, kill Wacom hardware manager, forcing Nvidia to use my GTX1060... Nothing worked.

As Frogsquadron stated 2 months ago, I have the strong conviction that this problem is directly related to the AI.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 6:53:35 PM

I will fully admit these are not 'great' ideas. I'm literally just throwing stuff out 

The only other flag I see at least in your dxdiag is you're running one of those "Killer" ethernet cards. I've seen the tools for that particular card do all sorts of weird things to games. Usually its mroe "I cant connect ot Steam" kind of thing but again as part of the "throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks" see if any of those tools are running

One nice thing in the old days was Steam's tool would auto collect your running software on the system. Which made it easier to find potential software conflicts. They got rid of that for some odd reason though :(

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 6:49:20 PM

Hi Satoru,

1) I'll try this evening.

2) I already tried to unplug my tablet, no change. Maybe I should check if any related software is not running.

3) & 4) Nope. I changed my Steam username during the ES or EL alpha (can't remember exactly) because it was indeed preventing the game to launch or run properly ;)

5) I'll check that too. I've update my Nvidia drivers yesterday (new version related to the release or RE7), no change.

Thanks for taking the time to solve this issue!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 6:44:33 PM
Belhoriann wrote:
satoru wrote:

I'm noticing a lot of mono IO errors which isn't normal

1) try running steam as an admin

2) re-run all the redistributables manually

I did what you suggested, still the same periodic stuttering :(

I am going to do a LOT of wild guessing here so 

1) try unplugging your webcam (yes seriously)

2) try unplugging your wacom

3) I see you're running a french version of windows. Does your windows username have any 'weird' characters in it

4) does your steam username have any 'weird' characters in it.

5) try to update the audio drivers on your system

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 19, 2017, 11:07:01 PM

Hello guys,

Well, as mentioned in the title, I experience very annoying stutters/micro-freezes every 3 seconds with the Update 2.

This is happening from the start of the game, and even in menus.

My drivers are up to date. I verified the game files which are installed on an SSD. 

Here is my rig: I7 4790K, GTX 1060, 16gb of ram.

Here are the game options:

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 24, 2017, 2:49:49 PM
satoru wrote:

I'm noticing a lot of mono IO errors which isn't normal

1) try running steam as an admin

2) re-run all the redistributables manually

I did what you suggested, still the same periodic stuttering :(

0Send private message
0Send private message