Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Solved 1.036] Cannot save a game

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 10:18:44 AM
satoru wrote:

It could also be your anti-virus killing the zip. try to dsiable your av temporariy

Well I don't care if you are just suggesting random stuff or not.

BUT THX, the culprit is the Antivirus Scanner!!!! I disabled it completly and it works as it should. Adding the Endless Space 2 folders in Steam and in My Documents to exceptions does not work. Is there another folder which should be added to exceptions?

Cudos to you, Sir. I didn't think about that because it worked just fine before with the same Antivirus Scanner.

Redeemer, could you try disabling the Antivirus and test it?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 7, 2017, 9:47:51 PM

OK I tried an older version and the beta patch. Both times the problem still exist. But hte new beta patch shows an acutal game will be saved promt. The end turn button has a little animation. Still it doesn't make a difference.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 8, 2017, 6:43:29 AM

We ll have to wait for a fix until then we are back to the '90s. Manual save, rename, load.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 9, 2017, 5:41:07 PM

Just wanted to say I'm having the exact same issue. It was working fine when initially installed but the issue seems to have started for me in the last few days.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 10, 2017, 8:53:02 AM

There are other bugs as well.

30% of the times i press "Quit to desktop" the game never exits. It remains stuck on that screen. I have to kill the process with ctrl+alt+del

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 10, 2017, 1:00:10 PM

Honestly this still seems like a permissions issue on your save game folder

Delete the entire My Documents\Endless Space 2 folder

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 10, 2017, 9:48:05 PM
satoru wrote:

Honestly this still seems like a permissions issue on your save game folder

Delete the entire My Documents\Endless Space 2 folder

I tried it, still no save files. Only the .tmp files which I must manually convert bye deleting the .tmp ending. I also checked the permission beforehand. But thx for the tip.

What is curios is the naming of the Auto Save files:

AutoSave 1.zip.1.tmp

AutoSave 1.zip.2.tmp

Test.zip.0.tmp

Test was saved on turn 1. The Autosaves where made two turns in a row. Shouldn't the naming change to: AutoSave 1.zip.tmp and Autosave 2.zip.tmp ??? Could it be, that the naming does mess something up? If I delete everything behind .zip I get to identical named files. This shouldn't be. Perhpas this is messing with the save files.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 2:20:18 AM

It could also be your anti-virus killing the zip. try to dsiable your av temporariy

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 5:03:51 AM

Have you seen the entire post? Or are you just suggesting random stuff? 

This is a game bug. Nothing on our end. Scan the whole post to see what we tested and what worked (nothing).

The only temporary solution is to change the extension of the files. If you have several names, try rename the files as well.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 7, 2017, 9:08:34 PM

I am having the same problems recently. Worked before the newest patch or the one patch before.

In the save game folder new temporary Save Files are created. Chnaging their file extension from .tmp to .zip solves the problem. It's a workaround. I too cannot delete saves ingame or override them. So it's time to really save manually I guess. :-)

I reinstalled, deleted all safe files and deleted the dependencies without any change. Still not able to save.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 4:04:15 PM

I already tried mate. One of the first tests as show in the previous posts. Will try again though. 

At the moment this issue is not a problem. I have other problems with the game but at least they are not game breaking :)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 7:51:17 PM
Redeemer wrote:

I already tried mate. One of the first tests as show in the previous posts. Will try again though. 

At the moment this issue is not a problem. I have other problems with the game but at least they are not game breaking :)

Ah OK. Sorry, didn't noticed your first post where you stated that you turned off AVG. Bye the way I also use AVG.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 7:18:43 PM

OK I reinstalled AVG and it works again. AVG is turned on now and I am able to save again. Don't know what happened. Seems the Antivir had some hiccups.

So try to reinstall your Antivir and see if it works.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 10:16:50 PM

Folks,

Sorry for joining the frey so late. I was focused on the the development of the latest patch. We have fixed an issue with Avast anti-virus being unhappy with moving tmp to zip files. 

In preview patch 1.036, we have renamed saved files to a .sav extension (old .zip files are still read for compatibility).

Can you check this preview patch to let us know if it fixes the issue?

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 18, 2017, 10:37:14 AM

This problem is fixed with the latest patch. I can save/ load / see a populated list fine. Your fix worked. Thank you. 

It was annoying to manually rename files, among other bugs. For the record I was using AVG.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 6, 2017, 8:29:58 AM

I saw the access denied in the Documents folder but that shouldnt be the case. All users have full control. I even added "Everyone" in the list with Full control. Still i get the results i showed above

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 5, 2017, 5:45:35 PM

Forgot to mention it above but i already tried that too.  The problem remains.

Also, between different tests i deleted all save files in case they are corrupted and bug the whole process.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
Comment