Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mac Users : remaining issues with preview patch 1.036?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Aug 15, 2017, 1:01:55 AM

Can someone clarify what the "Diplomacy" bug entails? Does it crash any time you go into the diplomacy screen? That is any time you propose a trade, treaty, declare war, etc with another group? Or do you have to try a specific thing in Diplomacy? I don't recall any crashing specific to that screen or activity.

The mass port opening thing is interesting though. Would that happen even in single player mode? All my hours / crashes are single-player. None multi-player. Here's my machine BTW

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 6, 2017, 9:37:09 AM

Yes, that is excellent news indeed!  I was also wondering if there's an ETA for the next update build (either full release or beta) with all of these MacOS fixes.  I've also been holding off on starting any new games until then. (eagerly awaiting the release, that is! :-)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 6, 2017, 9:11:50 AM
AmpliMath wrote:

Hi there,

The source of the issue has been found (thanks to your information on the port usage). We are working on a fix.

Cheers,

Great! Glad to be of service. Any word on the Diplomacy screen "spinning ball of death" issue? How about the missing text elements on various screens? Exit to Desktop? When can we expect an updated Mactesting binary? Kind of reluctant to engage game further with unresolved issues hampering play...

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 25, 2017, 10:06:53 AM

Hi there,

The source of the issue has been found (thanks to your information on the port usage). We are working on a fix.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 25, 2017, 7:50:45 AM

I see a comment in Steam Discussions about an internal beta being tested that addresses the ports issue?

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 21, 2017, 2:17:25 PM

Many thanks to you and the dev's for your continued diligence and efforts supporting the MacOS community!

(I know I'm chiming in a bit late here, only just found time today for 1.0.36 testing and tech sppt forum browsing.)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 17, 2017, 7:49:34 AM

Thank you for your help, tvleavitt (and welcome to the Games2Gether!)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 17, 2017, 7:01:11 AM

I can confirm that 1.036 still has the bug, even when invoking the Diplomacy screen via the keyboard shortcut.

I downloaded the mactesting version mentioned in another thread, but I haven't had time to drive that particular instance to the point of engaging in diplomacy with another faction. I will let you know if I have the problem on that version as well.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 16, 2017, 1:49:59 PM

Folks,

Thanks for the additional details. 

The final version 1.036 will be the same as preview version 1.036... because it is 1.036. It takes a long time to certify and make sure a version is correct, and 1.036 brings huge improvements for a few minor issues, so the preview test has revealed. 

But we are working on a preview for 1.037, and we need the DeviceID of your graphic cards to understand which systems cannot run the Diplomacy screen graphics.

Please expose the same kind of information that tvleavitt did.

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 16, 2017, 3:34:04 AM

Ah. Well FWIW when I access it via the Function keyboard shortcuts it hasn't crashed. Should be fixed either way though.

Hoping final release of .036 is more stable than the preview.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 15, 2017, 3:28:30 AM

Just click on the top level Diplomacy icon. That's all that's required, on my computer, to induce the spinning wheel of death.

I can, as others have mentioned, engage in diplomacy by dealing directly with individual empires by clicking on their home planet. Which makes this a non-game breaking bug, in that you usually find an opponent's home planet pretty quickly once you come into contact with them. Would be nice to be able to do diplomacy more quickly though, obviously, as well as utilize whatever other functionality enabled via the inaccessible Diplomacy Overview interface.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 10:23:11 PM

Dear Mac users,

You  have reported several technical issues on the Mac version of ES2. Our big problem is that we do not reproduce these issues on our development system. We have reproduced some of those on partners Macs, but it is very tedious to work with on remote. 

Anyway, can you please let us know if you have remaining issues in 1.036. We have performed some fixes which could have a positive side effect on the issues you faced in the past. Also please try to run the game with the Fastest setting, we have removing some advanced rendering stuff when running in Fastest, and which could be the cause of your issues.

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 14, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Here's Activity Monitor screencaps from an earlier crash... 274,000(!) ports! Some kind of loop in your IPC between threads?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 14, 2017, 11:03:51 PM

I can confirm that the Diplomacy bug persists in the new build, even on the "Fast" setting. It, however, doesn't kernel panic my machine or require anything other than a Force Quit to deal with. Here's a screencap of Activity Monitor as it was happening.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 14, 2017, 12:52:24 PM

Folks,

Can you post again you Mac information, like it was done on this thread? 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/114-bug-reports/threads/25580-mac-diplomacy-screen-freezes-the-game?page=2

When I look at the profiles, you do not seem to be the same users.

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 14, 2017, 12:15:49 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the report,

Can you please confirm something for me : did the diplomacy screen start working when you activated the "Fastest" video option?

For the rest, I will have to check with an engineer to dig deeper. None of this happens on our Macs or those of our QA partner. 

Cheers,

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment