Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mac Users : remaining issues with preview patch 1.036?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Aug 14, 2017, 5:01:13 AM

I just started a battle and wound up stuck on "Loading". The game eventually crashed, after I walked away. Before it did, however, I tabbed out and used Activity Monitor and screen capped the results. Basically, as other folks have reported, an insane number of "ports" were listed as being used by the ES2 process... 273,000. The crash report sent to Apple had this nugget: 

Application Specific Information:
BUG IN LIBPTHREAD: Invalid thread port

At a guess, the system ran out of available ports.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 13, 2017, 11:01:40 PM

Posting this in here as well: just had a system crash on 1.0.36 — as in game froze and brought my entire system down. Which is a first. Reverting back to 1.0.11 / last stable build for now. But still willing to beta test a new build with macOS fixes, if needed.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 13, 2017, 9:54:57 PM

Hmm... now, after 4 turns on a new game in Fast mode, I saved, exited the game, tried to exit to Desktop, got dropped to the main screen and couldn't exit, so I loaded up my saved game and somehow managed to induce a CTD almost immediately... I think it was induced (in the moment) by selecting the "main menu" icon (think that's the name) in the lower right hand corner. Now, that may be total coincidence, as the game had been running for a while in the background... it CTDs on its own when I walk away from the computer for a bit (at least the previous version did).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 13, 2017, 9:33:12 PM

I can confirm that the periodic CTD's are still occuring on my iMac, and I just tested and confirmed that the Diplomacy bug is still present as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this until well into my first game with the new beta, so I'm running on Normal speed. I'll start a new game on Fastest and see if that makes any difference.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 13, 2017, 4:12:48 PM

I have been testing 1.036 for a few hours worth. So far the only thing I can confirm for sure is the Exit to Desktop hang / force-quit is still there.

I have been saving games more frequently while playing so the number of long-session crashes has been reduced but it still crashes on every build I've tried if you play long enough, further cementing my opinion that it's some type of memory leak scenario.

If you guys are only using one machine to test that is going to be a challenge. Especially for anything that requires multiple GPU types. I recognize the hardware I have is much less common than iMacs or MacBook Pros so happy to test other builds if you like.

Any thoughts on Mono Framework and whether it matters if users try to use more recent (stable / official release) versions to see if that helps? You're not using any deprecated Mono Features are you?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment