Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

igdusc64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Aug 3, 2018, 11:49:09 AM

Ok, so, after game update I've started getting this arror as it is shown on screenshots.

moment_of_crash.png

crash_report.png

game_loads_and_can_be_played.png

Basically it happens on 80% of load process and persists while game is not closed. If I close error dialog, game closes too.

Game is palyable, I've already tried Hisso a bit.

Here are logs

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

I googled about it, but the only topics I have found were about game crushing without resuming load process (not Endless Space 2).

After first occurence I reinstalled the game and checked on data with Steam.

I play on laptop and currently have Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 active (played on it with previous version). Tried to switch to my other VC Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330, game started to lag and freeze (but without crashes). They both support DX11.

My drivers are up-to-date, I've updated them.

Sorry, if this theme is clone, hadn't found similar ones.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 3, 2018, 12:02:09 PM

I believe igdusc64.dll is part of Intel HD Graphics Drivers.
I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, Even if up to date it may have accrued issues.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 3, 2018, 1:24:10 PM

Reinstalled (first older, then newer from support manager), still the same 'fake' crush

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 9, 2018, 6:46:48 PM

I am having the exact same issue. Intel Iris Pro 5200. Driver is up to date. Game used to work great, now it crashes on load screen during startup.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 9, 2018, 8:36:54 PM

Ok this what I've done.

OS System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Editon

Computer Make & Model: Dell - Inspiron-15-5547

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU@ 2.00GHz - 2.00GHz

Sytem Type: 64-bit OS

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB 

I went to Device Manager to uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers without ticking the "Delete the driver software for this device" tick box

then it prompted a restart. After the restart, I noticed that the Intel HD Graphics Drivers had reinstalled itself upon the restart.

I soon followed the same step but choosing this time to tick the "Delete the driver software for this device" tick box, effectively deleting the software and the program together.

At this point I DON'T have Intel HD Graphics Drivers running on my system. 

I run Endless Space_2, it works without the crash report pop-up, but has major lag from th onset of the launch an perfomance issues through out gameplay, even worse than in my previously mentioned comments.

I then manually downloaded the latest version of Intel HD Graphics Drivers appropriate for my system, restarted, and was back to the same [OOPS!]-crash report issue.

My Intel HD Graphics Drivers were up to date from the start and end of this.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 10, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

in my case i run on a surface 3pro with intel hd graphics. but the driver is provided by microsoft and not intel. so deleting installed driver and installing newer from intel should work.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 12, 2018, 7:30:33 PM

Deleted intel video card with drivers, after restart Windows installed native driver. Error dialog still fires.

Updated drivers with HP assistant. Error dialog still fires.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 13, 2018, 12:07:16 AM

Same steps, same behavior for me on an iMac (running Windows 10 though) with Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 29, 2018, 6:08:23 PM

This error still occurs.

Please has anyone as of recently experienced different results or done anything differently from my previous message?

that is after acquiring the Patch 1.3.9 that was released a day ago.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 29, 2018, 8:29:36 PM
Topher69eze wrote:

This error still occurs.

Please has anyone as of recently experienced different results or done anything differently from my previous message?

that is after acquiring the Patch 1.3.9 that was released a day ago.

No. There presently is no solution to this problem, and yet the developer continues to sell the game on Steam referencing compatibility with our GPU, which obviously is now a false claim. Very disappointing.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 30, 2018, 11:56:51 PM

Maybe so.

I think we'll get a reply sooner or later after the BEER2GETHER event has ended, and the necessary staff are available to look into this.  

Patiently waiting wouldn't be too much to ask, especially since the feedack we've ALL given on it and the reply on reinstalling of drivers not solving it.

I doubt they would pass this issue up to the wind, it's to important to Ignore. 

Taking they assume that a rough majority of people who bought and play ES2 use intel Graphics Card or just windows altogether, all probably suffer this issue in terms of gameplay. 

As this could hinder our expectations of them, and probably the demand from said majority, and they obviously know it. 

I wouldn't give up on them yet :)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 9, 2018, 1:05:46 AM
CyRob wrote:

I believe igdusc64.dll is part of Intel HD Graphics Drivers.
I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, Even if up to date it may have accrued issues.

Pardon me, nevermind my previous reply, several days have passed.

I would really like to give proper feedback that this method above has been tried many times, and doesn't seem to solve the issue, does it have to be the drivers, could it be something else?

Please some form of comment, feedback or next step solutions would be nice by now or any time soon.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 9, 2018, 8:22:44 AM

As with computer issues, there are a great number of possible causes.

It’s an Access Violation error with is caused by the program trying to access an area of memory that it’s not assigned. Program memory is set to have a small part at the beginning that is not meant to be accessed but if it is (like in your case) it causes this error (this is done to increase security and reduce damage caused by the number of issues that can result in an AVE)

Common causes of AVEs are issues in the registry (Not so common now), faulty RAM (but normally means that other programs would have similar errors), DEP function (Data Execution Prevention), corrupted drivers, virus infection, etc.

Given that the common link here is that it’s igdusc64.dll (part of Intel HD Graphics Drivers) causing the Access Violation, I assumed that a driver issue is the most likely cause, could be something in-game that the intel drivers are not built to handle but I feel that is unlikely as this issue would then also show up with other games that use the same thing.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 11, 2018, 3:15:18 AM

The error started to appear only after new game update. I have Endless Legend updated and it don't have this issue. I don't have it in the other games. Before the update Endless Space 2 worked correctly.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 11, 2018, 3:49:14 AM
anvipal wrote:

The error started to appear only after new game update. I have Endless Legend updated and it don't have this issue. I don't have it in the other games. Before the update Endless Space 2 worked correctly.

Can you try and check if previous version of the game is working properly with your current rig? You can access the previous versions of ES2 by going to Library -> ES2 -> Right click -> Properties -> Betas tab. Currently there are 1.2.23 and 1.3.3 available to test.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 11, 2018, 9:13:00 AM
Sulendil wrote:
anvipal wrote:

Can you try and check if previous version of the game is working properly with your current rig? You can access the previous versions of ES2 by going to Library -> ES2 -> Right click -> Properties -> Betas tab. Currently there are 1.2.23 and 1.3.3 available to test.

1.2.23 - works correctly without errors

1.3.3 - throws an error

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 13, 2018, 12:33:16 AM
anvipal wrote:
Sulendil wrote:
anvipal wrote:

1.2.23 - works correctly without errors

1.3.3 - throws an error

That's interesting. DIfferent result! On 1.2.23 the game does not throw an error; it just hangs at the loading splash screen at what looks like 100%.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 14, 2018, 5:24:04 PM

FYI all - on Sept 13 2018 a developer named Frogsquadron posted on the Steam thread about this topic:

We've located the moment in which this issue slipped in and have managed to reproduce it. We're currently testing a fix for this compatibility issue on internal builds. Hopefully we can get a fix out in the next few weeks.

So hopefully some good news is coming soon.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 14, 2018, 6:38:24 PM
jrkagan wrote: That's interesting. DIfferent result! On 1.2.23 the game does not throw an error; it just hangs at the loading splash screen at what looks like 100%.

Do you make use of additional antivirus software like Avast, BitDefender, Avira, etc.? My guess is, it blocks Endless Space 2 folder(s). Try to whitelist and restart game.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment