Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game repeatedly freezing

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Oct 2, 2018, 12:19:00 PM

I'm still getting this issue. I thought the most recent patch might resolve it. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 17, 2018, 11:14:01 PM
Spudbynight wrote:

I'm still getting this issue. I thought the most recent patch might resolve it. 

Yup. Still happening.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 19, 2018, 2:39:21 PM

I want you to know that we are aware of your reports of freezing issues, both the ones reported here and in other threads or on the Steam forums.

However, from what I can see, we have so far not been able to reproduce the issue, which makes it very difficult to pin down the source and fix it.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 22, 2018, 1:54:40 PM

Is there anything we can do to help?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 22, 2018, 3:18:19 PM

The best you can do to help us is provide diagnostic files, crash dumps, and save games, as well as your DxDiag.

I am not a tech guy, but from what I can tell there are many factors that can contribute to freezing and crash issues, so I want to forward as much supplementary info as I can.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 5, 2019, 2:40:30 PM

To the current day, i still have the bug. More than ever, lately, to the point is turning into a hell to play a match with friends, not to say alone. Freezes every few turns, by any reason.

Months ago when i started, i believed i had discovered the reasons that freeze the game in my computer:

- upgrading heroes from the pop-up in the right side.

-Updating many ship templates too fast.

-Deleting a ship template while i had it in queues on systems. (that is very logical to cause a crash)

For a time, i avoided to do any of these things and it worked.

But currently, i get freezes when:

-Zoom in a system.

-Zoom in a system and i see the initial cinematic that shows every planet.

-Declare war.

-open the empire screen (F1).

-Move a fleet.

-start a battle.

-more...

My computer hasnt changed, all same components.

I don't have AMD, by the way.

Somewhere i saw that it may be caused by DirectX. I run windows10 64, 8 gb ram, integrated graphic card Intel, core temp not going over 38g ever, the machine is simply fine. I have both DX10 and DX12. Tried to reinstall DX12 but i cant download it from official site because it is advertised as a fraud/dangerous web (lol).

And the most relevant detail is that this issue happens only with Endless 2, i have many other games that are more demanding in gpu and ram and they run always smooth! 0 graphic issues with them.

I am very sure that the cause is not hardware. Maybe a software issue, trouble with DirectX, or a fatal error in ES2 code (with all due respect to the team ^^). But when all other games work fine, all other software (not game) works fine, i never have a graphic issue ever with anything, and other strategy games that handle tons of units and memory is required for them, never fail, then one begins to worry about the game itself.

And i am sad for saying all of this, because i recently bought all DLCs, and Endless 2 is a great game. But lately... unsuffearable to play even a fast game vs 4 AIs... the game freezes too much.

Happy 2019 to everyone.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 5, 2019, 4:07:26 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

The best you can do to help us is provide diagnostic files, crash dumps, and save games, as well as your DxDiag.

I am not a tech guy, but from what I can tell there are many factors that can contribute to freezing and crash issues, so I want to forward as much supplementary info as I can.

I'm still getting these issues. Who can I give these files to? Attach them here? 

AutoSave 3208.sav

AutoSave 3207.sav

AutoSave 3206.sav

That is an autosave from a game I have just been playing which crashed.

diagnostics.rar

DxDiag.txt

I don't know what diagnostic files to submit or where to find them, the same with crash dumps. To be clear though, the game doesn't seem to think it has crashed. What is happening is the screen is freezing. I can move my mouse pointer around and I get appropriate sound effects played when I click on where menus and buttons should be. The game appears to be playing, but my screen is frozen. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 6, 2019, 2:48:14 PM

OK, while looking around for a solution to this issue I found this thread on Steam which suggests the problem is a directX issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/1700542332324058285/

I have added " -force-opengl" to the launch options and so far, the problem hasn't occurred again. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 7, 2019, 11:55:09 PM

I have had the same problem and indeed the "-force-opengl" option fixed it. However it did give me a few graphical glitch during combat animation in scan mode. Trying different things at this point. If none works I'll put back the "-force-opengl" and just skip all combat animation.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 20, 2019, 10:56:05 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I want you to know that we are aware of your reports of freezing issues, both the ones reported here and in other threads or on the Steam forums.

However, from what I can see, we have so far not been able to reproduce the issue, which makes it very difficult to pin down the source and fix it.

It might be important to note that the entire game does not appear to be freezing. From what I can tell, it just stops updating the screen. The sound still works and if I click around (without being able to see the cursor), I can hear screens opening or closing, depending on what I happen to click on. Also, as someone above mentioned, this only happens with ES2.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 26, 2019, 6:24:08 PM

I've been playing the last few weeks with the -opengl command and the issue hasn't appeared again.

It does appear to be some issue connected to DirectX

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment