Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game not going past loading screen

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 5, 2020, 2:46:50 AM

update: i wish i could ask for a refund for this piece of literal trash of a game. this is a waste of my fucking money

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 12, 2020, 6:45:11 PM
5Echo2 wrote:

update: i wish i could ask for a refund for this piece of literal trash of a game. this is a waste of my fucking money

Yeah it is super frustrating when a game won't even launch on pretty common hardware. Reading through your output log file, it appears ES2 can't find the Mono application files (Mono is an app that ES2 needs to work, steam is supposed to install it when it installes the game)

Can you check to see if these files from your log are actually missing?

Fallback handler could not load library 
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/libc
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/.\libc 
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Mono/libc 
Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 30, 2020, 2:16:01 AM

sorry but. should i install the latest version or specifically 4.5.1? i feel weird about downloading 4.5.1 since the post is from 2014 and i am not sure if it will work if i dont use 4.5.1

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 9, 2020, 7:48:14 AM

This error has come up in other threads.

If the game freezes when making a new game, try changing the galaxy density.

Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 has fixed it.

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...". That has fixed it.

If you are missing Mono you can also try installing it then copying the Mono folder to steamapps. You can find the installer for Mono here. I haven't actually seen this fix or the ones below work. The real problem is not that you are missing Mono, it looks for something in Microsoft .NET and when it can't find that it resorts to looking for Mono.

This could be caused by not having Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. You can download it here.

You can try installing C++ Redistributables (vcredist). It can be found here: x86 (32 bit OS) x64 (64 bit OS)

You can also try going to the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/" Folder and deleting the mono folder then verify the games files with steam. It should redownload the folder correctly.

The devs have commented there is a known issue with Unity and non-English characters, they said: Some people using non-english OS and international characters in their steam path could not launch the game. Such characters are badly handled by the low level layer of Unity, Mono. We have performed a workaround in the code, (better than having to reinstall Steam to a path without accents)  waiting for a cleaner solution from Unity.

I have seen others propose a fix to this that involves deleting fonts which are corrupted. Are you using a non-English computer?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment