Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Let us assign a flagship to Heroes

Space BattlesShip DesignMilitaryHeroes

7 years ago
Sep 6, 2017, 12:31:25 PM

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but as a fairly new player I'd like to present it again: scrap the hero ship system. In short, the designs are weird, they don't match the aesthetic of the game, and they of course do not match their home visual affinity whatsoever.

Two other friends started the game with me and the number one thing we all both dislike and are profoundly confused by is the hero ship system.

It also doesn't make much sense that your fleet commander would opt to be aboard a tiny squishy corvette rather than your new cutting edge carrier.

Action to take: replace Hero ships with a drop down menu of which ship class of those you've unlocked you'd like to assign them to. Charge more Dust for the larger hulls, since it's a 'free' medium/large later on, and perhaps make them take up CP.

*It'd sure be cool if we could name that ship too. :) 

Updated 5 hours ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As the heroes are emissaries of the Academy rather than the empires who employ them, they are bound to use their own aesthetic. And as outlined in another idea, it's not possible to swap the ship modules during an ongoing game, so reassigning heroes to other ships is not possible.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Feb 1, 2018, 1:00:13 PM

I would like is that the ship's actually came and bigger classes over time. Level 8-12 upgrade to medium, 16-20 large.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 1, 2018, 10:21:41 AM
Aitarus wrote:

If they were to get unique ships, though, I would prefer to see accented versions of the faction you are with.

The hero style looks far too close to the Republic (think Ebon Hawk from KOTOR) from Star Wars and not the white-Vodyani aesthetic that Isyander and the academy actually have.

exactly, i dont feel them, and i love vaulters design.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 1, 2018, 10:19:24 AM

heroes are not from our faction, really? they are vaulters they are imperials etc. so i dont get this whole thing with academy. academy could be somethig that teach them but not strip them from their identity. heroes are unique only from pic, thats a shame they are all use same kind of ships, if we cant assign them to a ship, we could at least upgrade theirs to medium and then to large version. it would be veeeery nice.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 1, 2018, 12:38:42 AM

If they were to get unique ships, though, I would prefer to see accented versions of the faction you are with.

The hero style looks far too close to the Republic (think Ebon Hawk from KOTOR) from Star Wars and not the white-Vodyani aesthetic that Isyander and the academy actually have.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 31, 2018, 8:43:33 PM
Aitarus wrote:

There are also clearly a number of people who would rather they were not.

More choice is a good idea: why not allow both?

I agree. Honestly id love both choices, but id assume adding in the systems would take time. If it would go to having a brand new addon or dlc or adding both features. I'd prefer one or the other. 

That being said I would rather the devs expand on their original idea, I do really like Starpoint Gemini: Warlords because it too has a warlord/hero system. In that game as the warlords get stronger they get better unique ships. Just my 2 cents :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 31, 2018, 7:22:41 PM
Tsrintox wrote:

Id prefer something closer to an assigned ship class upgrade so it stays unique to the heroes and academy. Maybe 3 tiers of ship and as you advance the ship allows for more systems. Maybe unlocking based on a separate requirement or a mini quest objective.

I'm more for this. The fact that we have unique hero ships now is exactly because it was often requested that heroes be represented in battle as unique entities. Giving them normal ships just makes them seem like just another indistinguishable part of the fleet.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 31, 2018, 6:19:23 PM

Id prefer something closer to an assigned ship class upgrade so it stays unique to the heroes and academy. Maybe 3 tiers of ship and as you advance the ship allows for more systems. Maybe unlocking based on a separate requirement or a mini quest objective.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 30, 2018, 11:55:21 AM

Anything adding lore and immersion is great. I believe that scrapping the current hero ships would be good because you can consider (as said somewhere up there) that they are part of the academy at the beginning. But they should definitely scale up somehow, totally agree with jwaz on that. 

Also, some more models depending on the race/origins of the hero would be so much cool, and could be an alternate (or combined) option. Great ideas.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 29, 2018, 12:53:49 PM

I like the academy ship designs and I don't see Amp straight up removing them. I do think they're awfully underpowered in late game, but I was thinking, rather than assigning a flagship, have the academy ships become bigger and meaner as you unlock tech stages in the military quadrant, or maybe when you unlock the strategics slots for regular ship designs, much like how arks become bigger and stronger as you unlock stuff.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2018, 2:20:08 AM

I have seen it - and not really. It locks you to a particular hull. I would like to see the devs fully implement the hull choice system for heroes.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 26, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

This is one of those things that irks me.  At the outset the ships are nifty, but they are quickly eclipsed by the better hulls your Empire can put out, and it really is bizarre to imagine a large fleet being commanded from a tiny little corvette of foreign make.  The argument about heroes all being Academy members doesn't really even apply like it did in ES1, since your quest heroes are all exclusive to your particular Empire, and a lot of them don't seem to even mention the Academy.  

Plus it makes little sense for them to be married to the ships when you can even have them fight against the Academy.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment