BrownPants

smiley: wink

Or

SNAFU

TARFU

FUBAR

:rolleyes:

Boygor wrote:
I always rename the ships to fit my current... context so to speak. If my back is against the wall my ship names get more and more desperate!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 12:37:02 PM
I usually do this for the first dozen of ships. After that, when I build them ten by ten, I stop.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 17, 2012, 11:12:58 AM
maceman wrote:
I never bother renaming ships in these types of games. unless they are uber annoying and non-relevant than I might have to add a FTR, DST, CRU, BTS tag or something

I always rename the ships to fit my current... context so to speak. If my back is against the wall my ship names get more and more desperate!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 15, 2012, 12:59:27 AM
I never bother renaming ships in these types of games. unless they are uber annoying and non-relevant than I might have to add a FTR, DST, CRU, BTS tag or something
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 14, 2012, 9:47:53 AM
Raptor wrote:
grrr I'm writing these polytope names on a sheet of paper and if the Latin ones win I guess I'll have to rename all my ship classes.

btw how many votes are there planned before the Horatio Hero Bio vote on 25 April? Horatio logo vote? Ship design vote?

That's the beauty of the dgeree of customisation the game offers. We can undo all the hard work the Devs have done with the click of a mouse when the game is released! smiley: cool

I wonder if there are any mixed feelings about this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 14, 2012, 9:11:46 AM
grrr I'm writing these polytope names on a sheet of paper and if the Latin ones win I guess I'll have to rename all my ship classes.

btw how many votes are there planned before the Horatio Hero Bio vote on 25 April? Horatio logo vote? Ship design vote?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 14, 2012, 8:06:50 AM
I like the Latin Nobility too ! And it's more comprehensible imho to identify a ship's class. (Small -> Big)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 14, 2012, 1:37:39 AM
I'm a Latin lover myself. Just militaristic enough 'Sermper Fi!' and harking back to one of the great earth empires that conquered the known world before crumbling in upon itself

That is my kind of game 'The Rise and Fall of Horatio' has a nice epic feel about it
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 14, 2012, 12:21:23 AM
Raptor wrote:
To me the ship names in the third video sound more clean and beautiful, those in the second video are titles and have kind of a militaristic feel about them. The names in the first video, although reminding those of the heroes, do not sound esthetic and harmonic.

+1 This plus the aesthetics of the font + wording made me choose the third option.

Slowhands wrote:
I hope that you guys don't think there is an obvious choice! We spent a lot of time trying to come up with three good options. If you look closely at the ships, you'll understand why we did the 'polytope' one -- their patterns and geometry are pretty cool.

Yeah, that's mostly why I choose them. The "beauty" of the names is perceived both when spoken and when read.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 10:45:13 PM
Raptor wrote:
To me the ship names in the third video sound more clean and beautiful, those in the second video are titles and have kind of a militaristic feel about them. The names in the first video, although reminding those of the heroes, do not sound esthetic and harmonic.

I second this with my vote for choice 3.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 11:00:08 AM
Am I the only one to think that this vote is a no brainer ? One from the three options is so close to what Horatios are... for a race that puts beauty, sorry, Horatio's Beauty above all else, only one choice can reflect that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 3:48:54 PM
This was my first G2G vote, and I really like the presentation of it with short videos. Makes you feel like you could make the difference with your own opinion. I won't comment on my own vote, but I could really live with two of the proposed choices.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 3:38:12 PM
The latin names are what suit the most the idea of "grandeur". Numbers and Polytope aren't connected to some sort of beauty. The numbers are in no way close to something beautiful. Even if for ancient greek mathematicians shapes were something that would accomplish perfection (golden number anyone ?), it's not enough megalomaniacal.

Latin names have that "I'm bigger, better than you" feeling tied to the roman empire.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 3:12:33 PM
Concerning me, i found no obvious choice, because i was not really convinced by the three propositions. I didn't find any that fits perfectly to my Horatio image.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 3:05:33 PM
Slowhands wrote:
I hope that you guys don't think there is an obvious choice! We spent a lot of time trying to come up with three good options.

That's what is really interesting. You choices are very well done because there was one obvious choice for me (the same as VieuxChat I assume) but I have no doubt that for someone else, the obvious choice will be different.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 1:37:58 PM
I just wanted to add that we're implementing a quick feature on the website so we can have some pictures displayed as well for the votes.

There won't be an enlarge picture feature, this will come later so small simple picture (like logos) can only be displayed as a starter.

As soon as this is up, we'll add a vote so you can all choose the Horatio's faction logo. I hope this will be done soon. Might not be before the week-end but certainly beg of next week.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 1:05:17 PM
Slowhands wrote:
If you look closely at the ships, you'll understand why we did the 'polytope' one -- their patterns and geometry are pretty cool.

Indeed! I don't know what polytope is but the ships names really connect to their shape. BTW awesome design once again. You guys are art wizards!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 13, 2012, 12:59:33 PM
I hope that you guys don't think there is an obvious choice! We spent a lot of time trying to come up with three good options. If you look closely at the ships, you'll understand why we did the 'polytope' one -- their patterns and geometry are pretty cool.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment