Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Ship Design

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 27, 2012, 5:43:39 PM
No it's just a deduction, no dev post to prove it though. SpaceTroll said in the interview the research tree is divided into 4 branches: Science and Industry, Exploration, Social and Diplomatic, and Military. You can see them up there on the image. I can bet the fist icon is the Military branch. Therefore points with the same icon should be Military points.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 27, 2012, 8:30:14 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to step in with a little clarification.

1. Researching and unlocking technologies in the Tech Tree is done only through Science points.

2. The fist icon on the Tech Tree and Ship Design screens indicates that they have something to do with Galactic Warfare (working name of that Tech Tree branch). You do not use a different resource other than "Science" to learn military technologies.

3. So MP is Military Power or Munition Points or Maiming Possibility or Massive Pounding or Mega-Pulverize something like that...
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 27, 2012, 11:07:24 PM
I vote that it gets officially declared to stand for "massacre potential" :P
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 12:10:03 AM
Slowhands wrote:
Hi all,

I just wanted to step in with a little clarification.

1. Researching and unlocking technologies in the Tech Tree is done only through Science points.

2. The fist icon on the Tech Tree and Ship Design screens indicates that they have something to do with Galactic Warfare (working name of that Tech Tree branch). You do not use a different resource other than "Science" to learn military technologies.

3. So MP is Military Power or Munition Points or Maiming Possibility or Massive Pounding or Mega-Pulverize something like that...

So these are Science points, but you are currently (or when the shot was taken) using the Galactic Warfare icon for them, right? If so why MP instead of SP?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 1:03:22 AM
I'm assuming that MP measures how strong the ship is, while in the tech tree uses science points to unlock stuff, i.e things for galactic warfare. Let's say stronger shields. Now with the stronger shields the MP raises because the ship is stronger. MP and SP are not directly related.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 1:06:41 AM
Cloud wrote:
I'm assuming that MP measures how strong the ship is, while in the tech tree uses science points to unlock stuff, i.e things for galactic warfare. Let's say stronger shields. Now with the stronger shields the MP raises because the ship is stronger. MP and SP are not directly related.

This makes sense.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 28, 2012, 6:31:34 AM
MT4K wrote:
I vote that it gets officially declared to stand for "massacre potential" :P

I, too, would vote for such an expressive way of saying "threat level"
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment