Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] About Ground Combat...

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 10, 2012, 5:17:20 AM
If the space battles live to their expectation, why not expand the concept to ground battles ? I really like simultaneous decisions (anyone tried Frozen Synapse ? It's a game in itself, so ES can't really borrow the design, but it can show how good a simultaneous combat system can be)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 9, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
Yeah, I agree, it shouldn't be too intricate. But TBS could handle it aswell. Only problem I would see is that it would take potentially long times (hence optional) and not sure about RNG scenarios for those.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 9, 2012, 9:56:59 PM
The best way to implement Ground Combat IMO is neither to expand the game with an RTS section nor a TBS war game. Just as the space battles are in ES, the ground combat should be resolved with a mini-game which faces different types of units against each other; in a "civilization like" unit combat scenario. Each unit can have specific abilities and be upgraded through technology research, but there would be no unit customization; to keep things simple. I had envision a system like this for a game I was working on, now with ES on the horizon, I can only suggest a similar feature for the game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment