Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[discussion] battle action balancing issue : nano repair

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 12:15:57 PM
Hi, first of all i wanna say this is an amaizing game, really u guys did a great job ! smiley: ohh

My little suggestion would be to change one of the combat action that could easily be used as an exploit : nano repair (repair 20%hp).

It appears that using this action allow u to repair your injured ship way behond the hp they had before the battle start.

Exemple : you have 500 hp out of 1000. You attack a poor scoot and even assuming the figth stand only long range phase, you finish the battle with 700 hp.

When you consider how slow is the hp regen each regular turn this is a bit too amazing.

I would suggest that nano repair should be caped to the amount of hp you had before the battle start.

Tx for reading, hope that will help.

PS : in case dev read this : i'm french and live in paris not far from you, so if you do a "journée porte ouverte" plz email me, iwould be glad to see you guys. I'm playing 4X games and civ games (civ 4 pseudo : matth for those who knows a bit about civ4 mp).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 12:30:39 PM
I second this notion.

However ... the idea of needing to attack to repair your ships quicker is kind of a payoff system which I've enjoyed so far. I realise your situation with the scout seems a little far-fetched and overpowered. But a lot of the time in combat you are coming up against fleets decently scaled to you and most battles will last two ... if not three phases. And so on the flipside of the argument I would offer up the 'should I attack and put my ships at risk for the possibility of perhaps healing them?' conundrum as an interesting phenomena that people may wish to maintain.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 2:25:24 PM
Nano repair is a readily countered card, especially in the early game where the other options to choose from are limited. Going into a battle to try and use it for healing is a risk, since if it is countered the healing doesn't happen and then your injured ships get more injured. Or destroyed.

If you're running around trying to catch a scout or weak target to attack in return for the repair card, instead, that fleet is wasting a lot of turns it could have been spending on something else.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 3:40:57 PM
Yeah, for Nano-repair.. a tactic card can negate it. It does add flavor to the battle, and later on Battleship+ It doesn't heal that much.. if it even goes through. It's also fun to try to guess when the AI is going to use it, and slip in a fortunate tactic card and deny him. Hehehe.

~Dk~
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 5:46:21 PM
I agree with OP. From my (short) experience, running into a scoot to repair a fleet is not that far fetched, adn there is virtually no risk at doing it.

Moreover, the solution proposed by OP seems to fix the problem
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 7:09:51 PM
I agree. You should not be able to leave combat in better condition than you started.

Otherwise, I should be able to use nano-repair outside of combat. And I don't think we want to go down that route.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment