Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion - Poll] Digital Artbook

Gimme that art!
Go away, and take your idea with you.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 11:20:35 PM
I'd be thrilled to see a digital artbook, especially as part of the Emperor's Edition -- but, depending on the size and on the price, I may be tempted to buy it anyway. Any kind of sci-fi/space artbook is just forbidden fruit for me. I love it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 1:49:20 PM
I'm surprised to see that people voted for "Go away, and take your idea with you.". I would LOVE to get a digital artbook and I think anyone who pre-ordered the game should.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 1:22:16 PM
repbunny wrote:
I'm interested in good commentary. All this voting seems like it's all about us, lets hear about them.

I want to know how you would decide if the concept is vote worthy. Do they hate it when they have to send it to the voting polls because they have a particular favorite? How did you come up with each race? And so on.

I'd love to see an art book, and I second this thought as well. Commentary from the devs at what they thoughts at different points would be interesting. I can't say I've ever heard of anyone else giving their players this much influence in the game as it's being made, and reading what they've thought of the process would be, well, again, interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 11:34:16 AM
I'm always interested about draws and arts. I voted yes of course because all the design part is truly well handled.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 10:04:08 AM
I'm interested in good commentary. All this voting seems like it's all about us, lets hear about them.

I want to know how you would decide if the concept is vote worthy. Do they hate it when they have to send it to the voting polls because they have a particular favorite? How did you come up with each race? And so on.

Oh! I really want to see a height comparison of the races!

And a little thing if possible, the table of content clickable if it's an interactive pdf?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 5:41:55 PM
jetkar wrote:
No problem Ren smiley: smile

BTW i am too am a Hitch Hiker Guide to the Galaxy fan what comes to mind "Smarty barkfast...." smiley: smile Younger generation here will say "Ahhh whats he on about!!??" Read the book watch the series its a laugh!! smiley: smile

You're right, everyone should know the Hitchhiker books! All of them, actually^^ I love everything Douglas Adams wrote (and did), he was a genius. The world lost a great man when he died...

Thinking about it, a teeny-tiny funny reference to the Hitchhiker-universe in the game would be massively awesome smiley: biggrin Maybe a planet named "Magrathea" or a hero named after one of the Hitchhiker's characters

Nosferatiel wrote:
Have you seen Steph's new additions to the things the developers track? Good news for your petition, it seems:

Yes just saw it, thanks for posting here! I'm so happy! =)

Them taking time because they wanna make it good sounds great btw.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:39:15 PM
Hi forum!

Like most of you I have voted on one or two designs that didn't make it in the past. This made me think that it would be really sad if all the great designs that won't make it into the final game just got lost in the process, and how awesome a digital artbook with all the designs that made it to voting, even if they didn't get chosen, would be. And of course with a buttload of designs that didn't make it into voting at all.

Could be another bonus for preorders, or for everyone who buys the special edition.

What do you think? Would you love to get something like that as well? And if so, what would be your ideas for the design of the artbook?

/update:

The lovely Steph'nie stated in the Suggestions and wishes that we are tracking thread that they are not averse to making an artbook:

Steph'nie wrote:
Sure, why not, but as I am sure we would love to do it well, we'll take a little time to make it smiley: smile

So... yay! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 12:01:45 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Have you seen Steph's new additions to the things the developers track? Good news for your petition, it seems

Woooo! The art is a huge part of why I order collectors editions so that's good to see smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 11:59:40 AM
Yes please do this. I love art and a digital artbook as a bonus for say, pre-ordering, would be a great thing to have and provide yet another incentive to get the game. Concept art or finalized art, doesn't matter much I just love viewing all the art out there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:30:02 AM
Have you seen Steph's new additions to the things the developers track? Good news for your petition, it seems:

Steph'nie wrote:
Digital art book

Sure, why not, but as I am sure we would love to do it well, we'll take a little time to make it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 10:18:24 AM
Ren_Shredder wrote:
Thank you jetkar!

If we have ideas/suggestions about the design of the artbook, I suppose it would be better if we discussed them here and don't spam the suggestion summary discussion thread, right?

No problem Ren smiley: smile

BTW i am too am a Hitch Hiker Guide to the Galaxy fan what comes to mind "Smarty barkfast...." smiley: smile Younger generation here will say "Ahhh whats he on about!!??" Read the book watch the series its a laugh!! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 9:57:49 AM
jetkar wrote:
Added to the suggestion summary list linked here If you have any further ideas and or need to discuss please use this thread

Thank you jetkar!

If we have ideas/suggestions about the design of the artbook, I suppose it would be better if we discussed them here and don't spam the suggestion summary discussion thread, right?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 8:13:59 AM
Ren_Shredder wrote:
Hi forum!

Like most of you I have voted on one or two designs that didn't make it in the past. This made me think that it would be really sad if all the great designs that won't make it into the final game just got lost in the process, and how awesome a digital artbook with all the designs that made it to voting, even if they didn't get chosen, would be. And of course with a buttload of designs that didn't make it into voting at all.

Could be another bonus for preorders, or for everyone who buys the special edition.

What do you think? Would you love to get something like that as well? And if so, what would be your ideas for the design of the artbook?

Added to the suggestion summary list linked here If you have any further ideas and or need to discuss please use this thread
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment