Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

G2G vote hilaraty, Galdos AI

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:26:23 AM
Some people disagree on the choice of Galdos though: as it is doesn't really fit with the Amoeba description.

I am a huge fan of Portal, so I obviously voted for that bio. smiley: smile

Please note that I totally did not choose that bio for the G2G vote. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:45:12 PM
For what it's worth, I didn't make the hero as a joke or a rip-off, I made it as an homage to one of my favorite "Scientists" in any game I've played. Thanks for everyone's support, and for your criticism. I do have to say I was just as surprised as many of you were that I was one of the choices, and then when I realized I was winning well...that was a shock. (For what it's worth I was originally going to go with a Mordin Solus homage, but his body type is less of a Ball than Glados' head was.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:34:28 PM
lmaoboat wrote:
The next hero vote is probably just going to have one named "Teh Cake is a Lie!!! XD XD XD"

Though I'm almost sure that at the heart of Hissho honor lies the religious search for the one true cake, I also believe actually naming someone that way would instantly lead to a holy war with the birds. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:32:33 PM
J_HG_T wrote:
Agreed. Easter eggs should be well hidden and not this obvious. Easter egg that is clearly forced on you isn't really that funny.

The next hero vote is probably just going to have one named "Teh Cake is a Lie!!! XD XD XD"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:12:02 PM
Cadoras wrote:
In a vast expanse of lore, an Easter Egg is acceptable. This on the other hand, is an Easter Egg the size of the moon. Not funny, to obvious. So I hope it doesn't make the cut.

Agreed. Easter eggs should be well hidden and not this obvious. Easter egg that is clearly forced on you isn't really that funny.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 6:47:18 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Some people disagree on the choice of Galdos though: as it is doesn't really fit with the Amoeba description.

I am one. smiley: neutral

I am a huge fan of Portal, so I obviously voted for that bio. smiley: smile

Same here. I didn't like the other two nearly as much, even counting my displeasure towards the overt reference.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:55:19 PM
Nooooo, Glados should stay where it belongs to, in Portal. It won just because of Glados popularity and not because it is a good hero or fit into lore.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:20:49 PM
Why is this for the Amoeba race and not the actual robot race? It makes absolutely no sense. Everything about this is dumb and is a poorly thought out attempt to shoehorn in a pop-culture reference without any real effort or wit.

I mean, I'm not completely against reference in games, so long as some actual effort is put behind them to make some sort of sense in context. This has none.

Edit: Wow, that was a pretty spergy post about nothing really important.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 4:02:44 PM
Well heck I'm already working up a bio for Number 85, a Sower hero who got hit by space lightning and got all eccentric and wacky and learned to love etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 2:13:49 PM
Raptor wrote:
Why Mavid? Wouldn't it be better if it's Havid Dasselhoff? I'm definitely voting for such hero. smiley: biggrin

Mavid sounds more suave. We would get a hero of mystery, a secretive and smoldering ... sower. Havid sounds like an Israeli exchange-student.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:30:14 PM
Cadoras wrote:
That's it. If the Sowers have a hero-comp, I'll submit:

- Comrade Slatin

- Mavid Dasselhoff

- Kermit the Sower

smiley: twisted

Why Mavid? Wouldn't it be better if it's Havid Dasselhoff? I'm definitely voting for such hero. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 1:24:27 PM
I don't play Portal so I didn't get the joke.

Just thought it was an interesting bio

So I voted for it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 11:40:30 AM
That's it. If the Sowers have a hero-comp, I'll submit:

- Comrade Slatin

- Mavid Dasselhoff

- Kermit the Sower

smiley: twisted
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:29:22 AM
Noted on both accounts - also noteworthy is, if said bio wins... Maybe we'll luck out and see some Endless Space hats in TF2? Who wouldn't want to wear an Amoeba Akubra or a Craver Cloche? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 11:25:17 PM
did anyone see this? an amoeba hero called Galdos AI which is always going on about SCIENCE and TESTING, who's experiments are constantly threatened with shutdown because its too dangerous? this obvious portal reference NEEDS to go in the game as soon as possible I urge you all to vote for the Galdos "GlaDos" AI hero today! lollollol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:13:36 AM
Indeed. I'd only budge for a SDOHAN AI, anyway. smiley: cool More seriously though, keepin' in mind the alien nature of the Amoeba, even an organic computer would probably have a completely different sounding name (or designation) then something semi-hominid. Try to keep in mind the 'alieness' of them while voting. But hey, even if this wins, s'all good. After all... Only human, wahaha!

Edit: It does make me a little sad though; you all don't want to see goat tears, do ya?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 10:07:49 AM
It would be the same if someone would suggest a Craver-hero named "Slatin", which for some reason has a bonus fighting Sophons, and would make good use of slave labor and makes cheap but sturdy ships. And retreat would be no option, for Comrade Slatin says no step backwards.

And btw, I loved Portal. But could we please, please (pretty please) stop with Portal-references? I'm about to spontaniously lace every cake with laxative and if I hear that song one more time, I'll club a baby seal.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:53:02 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
:l Yeah, i think people really shouldent.....its a reallly lame joke......and is realllllllllllly to obvious.

+1, agreed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:17:11 AM
In a vast expanse of lore, an Easter Egg is acceptable. This on the other hand, is an Easter Egg the size of the moon. Not funny, to obvious. So I hope it doesn't make the cut.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment