Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Games2Gether Vote

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 7:28:12 AM
Portrait B is by far the better of the 3, the other 2 look way to humanish, at least the endless hoody looks mysterious and powerful like he can see into your soul and steal your lunch money at the same time
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:16:19 AM
Still deciding on the votes for the first poll. They all seem useful to me.

Not too fond of the Endless portraits. They seem so.. human. The nose especially bothers me. Did the lore mentioned about this? Anyway, I picked A because it was the least human. B makes them look 'shady', L0L get it? I really, really don't want 'B' to win. Anyone but B...

I'm still thinking about the Horatio Trait Name: between Extreme Aesthetics and price of beauty.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:42:01 AM
I hate working in the research tree so I voted for A - removing items from the queue. I think anything or anybody looks more mysterious and generally bad@$$ in a hood so I voted for B there. I flip-flopped between Extreme Aesthetics and Price of Beauty and ended up picking Extreme Aesthetics because I like the word "extreme". lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:50:26 AM
el_phantasma wrote:
Picked the first Endless hero portrait.

Found this one and the third nice, the second one not that much, we already have enough hooded Sith lords in our fictional universes ;-).

I know.. right? Hoods are terrible. I always imagine them as too prideful to hide anything.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:54:35 AM
repbunny wrote:
I know.. right? Hoods are terrible. I always imagine them as too prideful to hide anything.
Hoods focus group well though. Their public awaits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:00:00 AM
GC13 wrote:
Hoods focus group well though. Their public awaits.

hmmm... Lets make a thread about that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:02:29 AM
repbunny wrote:
hmmm... Lets make a thread about that.
Sure. As if we need one though—the Hood Haters are getting beaten up in the vote. smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:25:05 AM
GC13 wrote:
Sure. As if we need one though—the Hood Haters are getting beaten up in the vote. smiley: cool

Fine, I made open book questions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 5:26:19 AM
repbunny wrote:
Still deciding on the votes for the first poll. They all seem useful to me.

Not too fond of the Endless portraits. They seem so.. human. The nose especially bothers me. Did the lore mentioned about this? Anyway, I picked A because it was the least human. B makes them look 'shady', L0L get it? I really, really don't want 'B' to win. Anyone but B...

I'm still thinking about the Horatio Trait Name: between Extreme Aesthetics and price of beauty.

Sadly, B will win. Simply because it's the most "aesthetic", just like the symmetric faction logo's are.

That's the problem with majority votes on stuff like this.

Those who actually give a thought about it (and come to the conclusion that a race like the Endless sure as hell wouldn't bother wearing shady hoods) are far outnumbered by those who simply vote for what 'looks cool'smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 6:51:46 AM
Hero portrait B looks awesome and the price of beauty fits the Horatio. Free cams sounds like a neat feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:09:25 AM
Picked the first Endless hero portrait.

Found this one and the third nice, the second one not that much, we already have enough hooded Sith lords in our fictional universes ;-).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 9:51:40 AM
Virus wrote:
Research for me. The other both are astetic and dont realy mater for gaming.

Do not really matter of gaming??

I understand for camera. This is pure cosmetics. But alerts?? This is IMO most important. I lost colonies because i mist stupid pirates or fleet. Info about blockades and new fleets spotted are vital! It is must have. Especially when You have more than 4 systems and You do not want to lose time to check every turn are they blocked or not.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:28:37 PM
Skurkanas wrote:
Sadly, B will win. Simply because it's the most "aesthetic", just like the symmetric faction logo's are.

That's the problem with majority votes on stuff like this.

Those who actually give a thought about it (and come to the conclusion that a race like the Endless sure as hell wouldn't bother wearing shady hoods) are far outnumbered by those who simply vote for what 'looks cool'smiley: frown

True.

Although developing this game together with the community has numerous benefits for both sides, at the same time there's a certain danger, that some cliched things make it in the game, because familarity is much more popular than bold design decisions.

Granted, it's just a hero protrait but it will be one of the few visual clues of what the Endless represent..... and i can't imagine a nearly godlike species sees any use in hiding their faces, or the need to protect themselves from uhm the weather :-D, or vanity alltogether.

The "pure" look from A and C illustrates the fact best, that the Endless have ascended beyound the needs and behaviours of the younger species we will be playing.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:39:26 PM
Mansen wrote:
@Strigion: Not true - the other features will just be pushed back a bit. The votes are specifically for "What should we spend this week on for the next patch?" priority.

Um...That's what I said. We're voting for which one we get now, and the other two we get later.

Anyway, I voted for B for the portrait. As the devs stated in the other topic, the Endless can make themself appear however they wish, and taking a humanoid form would allow them easier communication with the mainly humanoid races that are in the game. Plus, as someone else said, it reminded me of a Sith, all dark and mysterious, powerful, and most certainly working on their own agenda. Options A and C reminded me too much of the Horatio, who I don't like, anyway. For those who don't like B, the devs did say they would touch up the winning portrait a bit anyway, so they may dehumanize it a bit more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:50:26 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
the devs did say they would touch up the winning portrait a bit anyway, so they may dehumanize it a bit more.

I wish the three portraits were more different. It's kind of like getting a lineup for the human model and all three of them are middle aged white guys wearing tweed jackets. The first guy has sunglasses, the second guy a hoodie, and the third guy has his jacket open. It's like "Ehhh....hoodie dude?"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 2:44:35 PM
luki wrote:
Do not really matter of gaming??

I understand for camera. This is pure cosmetics. But alerts?? This is IMO most important. I lost colonies because i mist stupid pirates or fleet. Info about blockades and new fleets spotted are vital! It is must have. Especially when You have more than 4 systems and You do not want to lose time to check every turn are they blocked or not.
Yep. Alerts are a pure gameplay item.

I am terrible at remembering things, you see.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:20:19 PM
Draco18s wrote:
I wish the three portraits were more different. It's kind of like getting a lineup for the human model and all three of them are middle aged white guys wearing tweed jackets. The first guy has sunglasses, the second guy a hoodie, and the third guy has his jacket open. It's like "Ehhh....hoodie dude?"

A bit more variation would have been nice, yeah. In my opinion, A and C are extremely similar. One just has eyes, and the other doesn't. Maybe reinforce, in some way, that one was a Concrete, one was a Virtual, and one was...um...I think there was a third faction of Endless after their schism, but I can't remember for sure.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:16:39 PM
VulpesWalker wrote:
I agree with that third name, just fits they overall... 'personality'

agreed mon frere
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:35:40 PM
The Endless Heroes are interesting. I am torn between the first and second one...

The second one seems to emphasize their shift from "humanity" towards something else entirely, whereas the first has already reached that form.

I guess the first would ultimately be the closer thing to what endless might have looked towards the end. I am somewhat put off by it's utter lack of "human" features, but that's what makes him so intriguing at the same time..

The first picture really carries all the weight of how very, very different the Endless came to be...

Edit: Going with the first one. It's just so admirably radical
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:44:40 PM
i see them easily adding both alerts and not cancelling all research when removing one off queue in the future

that being said i voted for the freecam
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:56:17 PM
They're adding all three of them eventually, try reading next time.

Voting for alert messages. That is the one thing that will immediately improve my game-play experience. Freecam will look nice, sure, but it's something I could do without. Research queue would also be nice, but again, it's something I could do without for now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:09:43 PM
All of the "next features" I could all do without for now. None are terribly important, but I picked free camera, because that would be "nice." I tend not to plan my tech that far in advance, so it's typically only two or three I need to remember if I want to change something and alert messages are "eh."
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:12:44 PM
That Endless hero's appearance is a huge disappointment for me. Unless there is a backstory about why it has such human-like form.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:18:13 PM
I picked free camera too, as it would give combat some new life. Especially if there will be some balancing to the combat too.

I can live without the other two for a moment, as important as they are.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:37:16 PM
Research for me. The other both are astetic and dont realy mater for gaming.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:59:29 PM
And I'm not sure if this was just added, or I'm blind and simply missed it before, but there's a third vote to rename the malus for the Horatio faction. Instead of "Anti-Expansionist" we have...Well, you all will see the three options. I went with "The Price of Beauty" myself, as that seems to fit them perfectly.

Now, to head home and finally get a look at these Endless Heroes...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:08:58 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
And I'm not sure if this was just added, or I'm blind and simply missed it before, but there's a third vote to rename the malus for the Horatio faction. Instead of "Anti-Expansionist" we have...Well, you all will see the three options. I went with "The Price of Beauty" myself, as that seems to fit them perfectly.

Now, to head home and finally get a look at these Endless Heroes...

I agree with that third name, just fits they overall... 'personality'
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 5:30:09 PM
I'm not sure if this should be here, or in the G2G forum, but since I think this is just going to be a general discussion...Well, it can always be moved if I guessed wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what others think of the new vote: which feature we'll get next, as well as the Emperor Edition Endless Hero Portrait. Sadly, I can't see the portraits, as the tech of my work computer is horrendously out of date and I can't view them.

As for the new features, I can't wait to get them all, but personally I wanted more alerts. 'Tis just me, though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:38:38 PM
think of the endless appearance like that of the q in star trek they look human because its what the race would be comfortable with seeing
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:41:03 PM
Yeah - all the features in the first vote will be added eventually. The vote only concerns priority - the winner of the vote gets the feature pushed to the top of the list. Personally I'm dissapointed that Added Alerts didn't get more votes yet. To me that seems like a gameplay critical issue, not a "we'll add it soon" thing. :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:55:27 PM
Mansen wrote:
Yeah - all the features in the first vote will be added eventually. The vote only concerns priority - the winner of the vote gets the feature pushed to the top of the list. Personally I'm dissapointed that Added Alerts didn't get more votes yet. To me that seems like a gameplay critical issue, not a "we'll add it soon" thing. :/

My thoughts exactly Mr. Mansen... I think the sad part is that its a market for some gamers that are more familiar with modern games, not oldies that were actually about game mechanics not just impressive graphics... which is also why most developers suck anymore they only worry about cinematics and junk that really don't affect the overall gameplay... Diablo III for instance is just another hack and slash but it has super sexy cinematics... This game has so much functionality and a dev team that cares about its community... I just wish their efforts weren't wasted on a majority that are used to the more modern flow of games and don't know the meaning of "Fundamental Features"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:05:23 PM
Combat camera control will be cool and it will definitely be a game play polish feature but for basic game play extra notifications are actually important, especially on larger games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:07:59 PM
Kareal wrote:
Combat camera control will be cool and it will definitely be a game play polish feature but for basic game play extra notifications are actually important, especially on larger games.

Truth being I may convince a majority of my friends to buy emperor edition just to keep atrocities from happening with game mechanics via votes. lol helps the devs and the players that way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:30:23 PM
VulpesWalker wrote:
Truth being I may convince a majority of my friends to buy emperor edition just to keep atrocities from happening with game mechanics via votes. lol helps the devs and the players that way.

You realize that we are getting all three of those features, right? All we're voting on now is which one we get in the next update, and which ones will have to wait for the full release. I wouldn't call the combat camera an atrocity, either. It's an interesting idea, and let's you take advantage of the amazing looks that the game sports.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 11:15:27 PM
I see no reason to have making things look all pretty be a priority issue over something that helps the gameplay itself.

Leave that for later.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 11:43:37 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
That Endless hero's appearance is a huge disappointment for me. Unless there is a backstory about why it has such human-like form.
Me too i was like ughhhh... what?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:03:24 AM
@Strigion: Not true - the other features will just be pushed back a bit. The votes are specifically for "What should we spend this week on for the next patch?" priority.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment