Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Games2Gether Vote

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 7:28:12 AM
Portrait B is by far the better of the 3, the other 2 look way to humanish, at least the endless hoody looks mysterious and powerful like he can see into your soul and steal your lunch money at the same time
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:16:19 AM
Still deciding on the votes for the first poll. They all seem useful to me.

Not too fond of the Endless portraits. They seem so.. human. The nose especially bothers me. Did the lore mentioned about this? Anyway, I picked A because it was the least human. B makes them look 'shady', L0L get it? I really, really don't want 'B' to win. Anyone but B...

I'm still thinking about the Horatio Trait Name: between Extreme Aesthetics and price of beauty.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:42:01 AM
I hate working in the research tree so I voted for A - removing items from the queue. I think anything or anybody looks more mysterious and generally bad@$$ in a hood so I voted for B there. I flip-flopped between Extreme Aesthetics and Price of Beauty and ended up picking Extreme Aesthetics because I like the word "extreme". lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:50:26 AM
el_phantasma wrote:
Picked the first Endless hero portrait.

Found this one and the third nice, the second one not that much, we already have enough hooded Sith lords in our fictional universes ;-).

I know.. right? Hoods are terrible. I always imagine them as too prideful to hide anything.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:54:35 AM
repbunny wrote:
I know.. right? Hoods are terrible. I always imagine them as too prideful to hide anything.
Hoods focus group well though. Their public awaits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:00:00 AM
GC13 wrote:
Hoods focus group well though. Their public awaits.

hmmm... Lets make a thread about that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:02:29 AM
repbunny wrote:
hmmm... Lets make a thread about that.
Sure. As if we need one though—the Hood Haters are getting beaten up in the vote. smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:25:05 AM
GC13 wrote:
Sure. As if we need one though—the Hood Haters are getting beaten up in the vote. smiley: cool

Fine, I made open book questions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 5:26:19 AM
repbunny wrote:
Still deciding on the votes for the first poll. They all seem useful to me.

Not too fond of the Endless portraits. They seem so.. human. The nose especially bothers me. Did the lore mentioned about this? Anyway, I picked A because it was the least human. B makes them look 'shady', L0L get it? I really, really don't want 'B' to win. Anyone but B...

I'm still thinking about the Horatio Trait Name: between Extreme Aesthetics and price of beauty.

Sadly, B will win. Simply because it's the most "aesthetic", just like the symmetric faction logo's are.

That's the problem with majority votes on stuff like this.

Those who actually give a thought about it (and come to the conclusion that a race like the Endless sure as hell wouldn't bother wearing shady hoods) are far outnumbered by those who simply vote for what 'looks cool'smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 6:51:46 AM
Hero portrait B looks awesome and the price of beauty fits the Horatio. Free cams sounds like a neat feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 12:09:25 AM
Picked the first Endless hero portrait.

Found this one and the third nice, the second one not that much, we already have enough hooded Sith lords in our fictional universes ;-).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 9:51:40 AM
Virus wrote:
Research for me. The other both are astetic and dont realy mater for gaming.

Do not really matter of gaming??

I understand for camera. This is pure cosmetics. But alerts?? This is IMO most important. I lost colonies because i mist stupid pirates or fleet. Info about blockades and new fleets spotted are vital! It is must have. Especially when You have more than 4 systems and You do not want to lose time to check every turn are they blocked or not.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:28:37 PM
Skurkanas wrote:
Sadly, B will win. Simply because it's the most "aesthetic", just like the symmetric faction logo's are.

That's the problem with majority votes on stuff like this.

Those who actually give a thought about it (and come to the conclusion that a race like the Endless sure as hell wouldn't bother wearing shady hoods) are far outnumbered by those who simply vote for what 'looks cool'smiley: frown

True.

Although developing this game together with the community has numerous benefits for both sides, at the same time there's a certain danger, that some cliched things make it in the game, because familarity is much more popular than bold design decisions.

Granted, it's just a hero protrait but it will be one of the few visual clues of what the Endless represent..... and i can't imagine a nearly godlike species sees any use in hiding their faces, or the need to protect themselves from uhm the weather :-D, or vanity alltogether.

The "pure" look from A and C illustrates the fact best, that the Endless have ascended beyound the needs and behaviours of the younger species we will be playing.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:39:26 PM
Mansen wrote:
@Strigion: Not true - the other features will just be pushed back a bit. The votes are specifically for "What should we spend this week on for the next patch?" priority.

Um...That's what I said. We're voting for which one we get now, and the other two we get later.

Anyway, I voted for B for the portrait. As the devs stated in the other topic, the Endless can make themself appear however they wish, and taking a humanoid form would allow them easier communication with the mainly humanoid races that are in the game. Plus, as someone else said, it reminded me of a Sith, all dark and mysterious, powerful, and most certainly working on their own agenda. Options A and C reminded me too much of the Horatio, who I don't like, anyway. For those who don't like B, the devs did say they would touch up the winning portrait a bit anyway, so they may dehumanize it a bit more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:50:26 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
the devs did say they would touch up the winning portrait a bit anyway, so they may dehumanize it a bit more.

I wish the three portraits were more different. It's kind of like getting a lineup for the human model and all three of them are middle aged white guys wearing tweed jackets. The first guy has sunglasses, the second guy a hoodie, and the third guy has his jacket open. It's like "Ehhh....hoodie dude?"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 2:44:35 PM
luki wrote:
Do not really matter of gaming??

I understand for camera. This is pure cosmetics. But alerts?? This is IMO most important. I lost colonies because i mist stupid pirates or fleet. Info about blockades and new fleets spotted are vital! It is must have. Especially when You have more than 4 systems and You do not want to lose time to check every turn are they blocked or not.
Yep. Alerts are a pure gameplay item.

I am terrible at remembering things, you see.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:20:19 PM
Draco18s wrote:
I wish the three portraits were more different. It's kind of like getting a lineup for the human model and all three of them are middle aged white guys wearing tweed jackets. The first guy has sunglasses, the second guy a hoodie, and the third guy has his jacket open. It's like "Ehhh....hoodie dude?"

A bit more variation would have been nice, yeah. In my opinion, A and C are extremely similar. One just has eyes, and the other doesn't. Maybe reinforce, in some way, that one was a Concrete, one was a Virtual, and one was...um...I think there was a third faction of Endless after their schism, but I can't remember for sure.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment