Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

G2G vote, Oct 3

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 2:03:54 PM
I love option 2. Talk about adding to the game and keeping people invested through the mid-point of the game. The other choices, not so much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 4:43:43 PM
vaendryl wrote:
it's should've been there since day one. at least F1 to F5 for the different main windows. I also really wouldn't mind being able to bind fleets and/or systems to a control group, for easy snapping around the map.

This. Main management windows with F1-F4, control groups for given fleets or systems with 1-9 (not num pad) by setting them using ctrl... Not much else.

I love that right click goes back to the previous level of menu, and I've never felt the need for hot-keys. This isn't Starcraft, and fleet orders are much more limited than in Civ.

Of course, if hot keys make it into the game, they need to be rebindable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 4:41:42 PM
How about adjustable short key options? Everyone could then assign his/her favourite keys...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 16, 2012, 2:01:23 PM
Talsar wrote:
Why the hell T for end turn?

I want return to end a turn. Like it is in any other turn based game.

Wrong. Not that this is important but the second most frequently quoted game in this forum used T to end turns: Master of Orion 2.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 5:24:46 PM
Both Construction Queue improvement and Hot Keys are important to me, but having to choose, it'd be the former as it would save more time. Consider the following scenarios:

1. Adding item to system with 10+ existing items queued, it's a process of drag, scroll, drag scroll. Easily remedied with a modifier key, e.g. Ctrl + click = add to top of queue.

2. Having to do no. 1 for 10+ systems.

3. Switch 10+ systems from producing X (say science) to ship Y.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 4:59:32 PM
Hotkeys>Construction Queue>Exploration

To those who want an "End turn" key, the "Enter" key on the numpad does just that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 12:02:17 PM
NovaBlazer wrote:
Considering that I rarely use a hot key for any game...

I won't be voting for dev time on that.

Many people don't use hotkeys for software either, but their still wrong. smiley: smile

I don't think you can find a single person who learned how to use hotkeys for a piece of software and then decided not to. They are always a timesaver over clicking menu after menu. Anybody who doesn't use them isn't doing so because the mouse is faster, they are doing so because they don't feel the time investment of learning the hotkeys makes up for the speed. They are wrong in most cases.

It's the difference between memorizing your multiplication tables or needing to pull out a calculator to do simple math. You have an up front investment that pays for itself many times over or a small investment that continues on forever.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 8:53:09 AM
adder wrote:
This would be very usefull, but other shortcuts are not really necessary as the GUI is very well made. smiley: smile

I can imagine quite a bunch of additional hotkeys that could also be usefull...

Cycling through fleets, launching fleets from Hangers, cycling through colonies, cycling through colonies that are blockaded, a hotkey to enable a relocation, a hotkey to focus all relocations to the currently selected system.

Having played Moo1 and having used the hotkeys their just will give you a lot of ideas where those could be helpful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 8:31:32 AM
Nomas wrote:
For me the only shortcuts i want is the "F-1,2,3,4,5" keys for the empire management and "T" for end turn

Why the hell T for end turn?

I want return to and a turn. Like it is in any other turn based game.

I was really missing this feature...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 7:53:10 AM
I voted for the construction queue but as always my favourite is obviously not going to make it. smiley: cry Personally I don't need hotkeys since the UI is really well done, but I think basic hotkeys should be included for those who miss them. What I really can't understand is how this trivial issue made it into a G2G vote when there is so much more important stuff...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 9:56:37 PM
I'd like some basic hotkeys, like the F1-F5 ones that others have mentioned. But it's not that high of a priority for me. I'm voting for exploration here. Although construction que sorting would be nice, it's a minor nusiance to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 6:09:06 PM
NovaBlazer wrote:
Considering that I rarely use a hot key for any game...

I won't be voting for dev time on that.

No, me neither. I don't mind hot keys but they're not THAT important to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 7:34:00 PM
Seriously? Hotkey addition? You want us to vote on the inclusion of something that makes the game strictly better in all aspects, and probably should have already been in the game, not to mention likely by comparison requires far less man hours to implement. Ridiculous. Just put hotkeys in the game. I find that option offensive to our intelligence, as well as yours.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 12:36:11 PM
I actually enjoy the fact that the UI was designed well enough that you can play the game without feeling the need for hotkeys. Personally i won't be voting for that since stuff like options for the Building Queue actually affect my gameplay, being able to hide unwanted improvements or adding an improvement as 1st in queue to be built will be pure gold.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 12:00:06 PM
I agree that the ES UI is so well thought-out that I don't really miss hotkeys. In a game where certain core functions are buried 2-5 levels deep hotkeys are a must. But, in ES any core function is no more than a click or two away at most...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 11:45:00 AM
Nomas wrote:
For me the only shortcuts i want is the "F-1,2,3,4,5" keys for the empire management and "T" for end turn

This would be very usefull, but other shortcuts are not really necessary as the GUI is very well made. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 11:42:13 AM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 9:44:42 AM
Hello guys,

Basically we designed the whole GUI to avoid using as much as possible keyboard shortcuts.

We wanted to keep it that way as we wanted to focus on GUI flow and ergonomy. The GUI shortcuts was a request from some members of the community.

Adding shortcuts also includes a whole interface work to enable players to customize them which is the biggest part of the work to be done.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment