Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy vs Galaxy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 2:02:47 AM
LocoMike wrote:
Its like that for any game.... smiley: alder

I found it especially problematic for SoaSE:R, as it happened so much, in such a short timeframe. Most games only render mods irrelevant once every half a year or so. That expansion did it approximately once every one and a half months. By the time people were completing mods for the current version, it was already being made obsolete. Like I said though, things finally slowed down now, and the community has had a consistent version to work with now, so it's better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 2:28:28 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Yes, but the 'advanced tech' that was suggested should be really far along in the tech tree. I don't want millions of cravers swarming my galaxy before I'm even on my feet.

You clearly don't enjoy the finer things in life then. =P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 8:00:01 PM
Yes, but the 'advanced tech' that was suggested should be really far along in the tech tree. I don't want millions of cravers swarming my galaxy before I'm even on my feet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 7:56:03 PM
Would be cool if they had asymetric galaxies as well. Imagine if there was a really nice galaxy located in between two outside, normal ones. First person to rush the middle and start colonizing would have a HUGE advantage.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 10:36:41 AM
Always kind of wondered why the Endless back story states that they spanned multiple galaxies, so why can't we also travel galaxies? Maybe travelling between them on ancient endless jump gates or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 7:44:29 PM
1N54N3 wrote:
I would sell my soul to have this. Would be awesome for team games! smiley: biggrin

Totally agree with that! I would also sell your soul to have this! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 8:14:04 PM
If we start to think more systematically smiley: smile

The basic problem is that after conquering the whole galaxy there is nothing to do. But still, you want to mess a bit with the civilization you were building and guiding throughout whole game.

Therefore, it is necessary to provide optional challenges. There are fundamentally two kinds of these:

1) Random events

2) Enemies

Standard random events are not important in the late game, as you are too strong to notice them. However, they are important in the sense to create second challenge - enemies.

At this point I see three different variants that would keep the game running:

1) Part of your system get out of your control and form a new faction. Just like virtuals and concrete Endless

2) At the side of the map opens a small part that contains enemy civilization/endless/pirates

3) You discover technology to send dome of your fleet in the past. Rewriting history.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 12:44:00 AM
How about a huge map comprising two or more galaxies.

You would need to research a certain high-level tech to travel between galaxies, encouraging those in the same galaxy to cooperate with one another (make trade agreements, be at peace, etc) in the face of possible threats from neighboring galaxies, especially because you do not know how strong they may be until mid-late game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 9:18:54 PM
Romeo wrote:

Still, it's a good expansion, but the mod scene had to play catch-up multiple times, which annoyed quite a few people and drove them off. Things are better now.

Its like that for any game.... smiley: alder
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 9:14:12 PM
LocoMike wrote:
I never got the Rebellion expansion, tempted too mainly just due to the mods that are out for it.

The mods are actually wildly inconsistent so far (Rebellion doesn't play well with any of the previous expansions, so their mods don't work; And Rebellion went through two separate major updates, which meant mods made initially for the release didn't work after the update).

Still, it's a good expansion, but the mod scene had to play catch-up multiple times, which annoyed quite a few people and drove them off. Things are better now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 1:35:20 PM
I do like the idear, still combat improvements is more critical in my opinion
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 12:08:25 PM
More galaxy types and shapes are already being considered, which i think is much more of a priority.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 6:28:17 AM
This has already been proposed several times, and I don't remember exactly, but what went out is that, while it's a good idea, it may not add something very important, other than what a huge map can already bring.

Anyway, please search before posting a new suggestion.

Also, suggestion are in the Game Design Proposal forum (as read in : /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11125-no-suggestions-in-the-design-discussion)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 5:48:47 AM
I never got the Rebellion expansion, tempted too mainly just due to the mods that are out for it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 5:33:18 AM
LocoMike wrote:
Dose sound interesting, i remember very good games/match's with this sorta map in SINs.

I always remembered seeing a Titan, a dozen capital ships and hundreds of Corvettes/Cruisers fly in to my galaxy all at once and thinking "Aw hell, this is about to hurt."
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 5:16:28 AM
Dose sound interesting, i remember very good games/match's with this sorta map in SINs.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 3:09:19 AM
Great idea!

Also.... say there are 3 humans or ai in galaxy 1 and 3 in galaxy 2. Then all in galaxy 1 could not tell the difference between the 3 in the opposite galaxy until later in game when they research advanced intelligence or something smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment