Yes, each faction should only receive heroes of their faction
Yes, but it should be a game option
Yes, but only most of the time
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 8:24:09 AM
Romeo wrote:
Yeah, what I don't understand is why the racist Horatio can hire anyone, or the OMNOMNOM-ing Cravers can. Doesn't make a whole ton of sense, unless they've figured out they need the outside help (Which would make sense as a tech option).

Hero recruitment restrictions + A tech for the Diplomacy tree... That's not such a bad idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 7:40:24 AM
I think that factions should old have access to heroes of their faction until they meet the other races. You shouldn't be able to hire a Craver hero if you haven't even discovered the Cravers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 4:18:11 AM
I'm would love to make a mod for this, although it seems like the assignment of heroes is not in the XMLs .For now I just wanted to gather sentiments of how everyone feels about this. No sense in taking the time if I'm the only one bothered by it. I would like this to be a nice reference thread for to look back to for ideas and information relating to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 1:57:06 AM
Yeah, what I don't understand is why the racist Horatio can hire anyone, or the OMNOMNOM-ing Cravers can. Doesn't make a whole ton of sense, unless they've figured out they need the outside help (Which would make sense as a tech option).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 12:21:55 AM
The way it is now is a little too liberal and tolerant for me. There should be more racism and loyalism.

For one thing there should be loyalist heroes who are only available for their own faction. I think one per faction would do, who may even be a higher level than ordinary heroes.

Then there should be less tolerance towards heroes of different (player) factions. Make their pay higher or make them less efficient on factions other than their own. The very least you could do is tweak the parameter that decides what heroes the faction gets, so it gets more of its own heroes.

For game balance's sake you might even make it difficult only for the war-factions, peaceful and tolerant factions can hire any hero.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 11:24:08 PM
Troodon wrote:
I think it is a bit silly that you can get alien heroes before you actually encounter any aliens.... let alone obtain "xenolinguistics."

I also don't think a faction such as the human-supremacist UE or the "eat them! all"-ist Cravers should be that keen on heroes of other species. (As a UE player, I can at least say I'm like that.)

Well said, I agree with you. I'm looking into seeing if making a mod for this is within my capability.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 11:09:36 PM
I think it is a bit silly that you can get alien heroes before you actually encounter any aliens.... let alone obtain "xenolinguistics."

I also don't think a faction such as the human-supremacist UE or the "eat them! all"-ist Cravers should be that keen on heroes of other species. (As a UE player, I can at least say I'm like that.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 9:28:19 PM
I'd like to see maybe 50% of your heroes come from your faction. Especially at the start of the game, at least 2 or the 3 should be from your faction (if possible).

50% is enough to be the majority and preserve the feel of it being "your side", but also giving your line-up the variety and interest that comes from a cosmopolitan band of heroes from all over.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 9:09:26 PM
I voted number three.

Another option would have been you only start with your own heroes. Then, any minor faction, pirate or Endless heroes become available. Then, any deceased factions or non-playing faction heroes become available.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment