It is perfect the way it is
Yes, each faction should only receive heroes of their faction
Yes, but it should be a game option
Yes, but only most of the time
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 5:25:33 AM
I just posted another post about this not too long ago and find this describes what I had in mind a lot better. To me, this is an immersion breaker
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 7:35:34 AM
So far it looks like they'll be getting one more each. Which would bring their totals to... Two. Still way to low to remain viable with this kind of set-up. I like the concept, but the game simply isn't ready for it yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 7:33:47 AM
Romeo wrote:
Just realized one small problem with this: Automatons and Sheredyn. They both have next to no heroes, which would put them at a colossal disadvantage.

There are plans to give them more and a g2g vote going on right now about it as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 4:24:15 AM
Just realized one small problem with this: Automatons and Sheredyn. They both have next to no heroes, which would put them at a colossal disadvantage.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 4:29:19 PM
I feel like I'm in some parallel universe, because I still don't get why weren't there only faction specific heroes in the first place. In other words, there should definitely be a game option for this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 1, 2013, 2:59:34 PM
I like it the way it is. If anything, a faction attunement bonus should grant something.

The hero could get its level cap increased by +1 or +2 levels because it belongs to the same faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 5:29:28 AM
I'd like to see an option to pick your heroes and then, pre-game, there is a draft where everyone picks their heroes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 2:52:33 AM
I restart until I at least get one starter race hero.It would be nice to at least be able to mod this in
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 4:18:56 PM
ishotmyfoot wrote:
My first post,,, on a relatively long dead thread! woo!

I want to vote none of the above. I should only be able to access heros from my own race at the start, and as the game goes on the probability of getting heros from different races should increase.

Yeah, I posted something similar in another thread. Starting heroes should be your own races, as you encounter other races, the chance of recruiting from them increases.

With regards to the only own faction heroes at the start, exceptions can be made for special heroes but should be lower chance (such as endless and similar "other" race heroes).

It really bugs me more than it should that in 90% of games, I don't ever get a hero of the race/faction I'm playing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 29, 2012, 2:59:32 PM
My first post,,, on a relatively long dead thread! woo!

I want to vote none of the above. I should only be able to access heros from my own race at the start, and as the game goes on the probability of getting heros from different races should increase.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 25, 2012, 1:07:39 AM
TurtleShotty wrote:
I think it should at least be a option.

Yep, agree, that way we can make everyone happy smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 9:07:32 AM
Sounds like a solid idea. I would likely play with this setting on 90% of the time. Although i do enjoy using the sower heros as they look pretty cool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 7:08:59 PM
Well, agree to the point that obtaining a character from a race you just declared a war to is . . strange. I get the feeling that this character betrayed his own race and, therefore, don't want to have him active.

On the other side, having alien characters from allies would be realistic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 5:30:02 AM
Jalaris wrote:
I just posted another post about this not too long ago and find this describes what I had in mind a lot better. To me, this is an immersion breaker
I agree with you completely.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 6:46:24 AM
I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this. hence the reason for the poll. I find it kind of atmosphere breaking that the heroes races do not match their factions.

[LIST=1]
  • It is perfect the way it is: What ever the reasoning it does not need to be changed.
  • Yes, each faction should only receive heroes of their faction: Basically the Amoeba faction should only receive Amoeba heroes to hire.
  • Yes, but it should be a game option: A game option to toggle this on or off at the player choice.
  • Yes, but only most of the time: Each faction should receive heroes of their faction most of the time, perhaps 20% chance of cross faction.

• [/LIST]
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    Dec 11, 2012, 4:01:40 AM
    Mr.Spartan126 wrote:
    If this does happen, it needs to be an option, because not everyone will like the idea. But thats why we give people choices.
    Yeah, Amplitude is pretty awesome with letting us play with settings, if this were ever implemented, I'm sure they'd continue that trend. =)
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    Dec 10, 2012, 10:27:27 PM
    EpicPetunia wrote:
    I don't really care either way, but if they do this, please consider the hero abilities as well.

Don't want to get behind because my faction does not have a good admiral or administrator in it's hero pool.

I will be attempting this as a mod after I finish the one I'm working on now. I do plan on taking hero abilities in consideration. I'll make sure each side is balanced.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    Dec 10, 2012, 2:33:54 PM
    If this does happen, it needs to be an option, because not everyone will like the idea. But thats why we give people choices.
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    Dec 10, 2012, 1:37:30 PM
    I don't really care either way, but if they do this, please consider the hero abilities as well.

Don't want to get behind because my faction does not have a good admiral or administrator in it's hero pool.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment