Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cloaking technology for ships (scout only?)

Yes
No. *insert Tard the cat pic here*
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 8:57:07 PM
The idea of cloaked ships is extremely interesting. Of course,

Cloak technology - Detect technology,

separated by several tech levels.

So that in the beginning you use normal scout, then you use cloaked scout, then in late game it becomes detectable again.

The question of few weapons can be solved by making cloak module really heavy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 11:06:44 PM
Researching Cloak Module? Aye, I like that.

It shouldn't be just some sort of invisibility cloak, though. I'd say a Cloak mod should decrease the probability of being detected by a certain percentage.

To make it more interesting: How about a sabotage mod that goes with it? Sending cloaked scouts into enemy system to sabotage their ship production (lower HP)?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 9:26:36 PM
We have stealth tech in the 21st century, so why not cloaks in the 31st? This makes pretty good sense; but at the same time if it were added, I think there should be a system improvement that could detect them, not just a ship module. smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 9:08:44 PM
I find the way scouts work at the moment to not make any sense whatsoever. Scout ships letting themselves be forced into confrontations with entire fleets and then being just as lame at withdrawing from and avoiding engagements as other regular ships etc bla bla utterly defeats the logic and purpose of reconnaissance... the way scouts are implemented and don't differ at all from other ships (module difference etc doesn't actually count) is simply silly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 4:24:30 PM
I would rather modify scout modules to allow ships to go on stealth missions to reveal nearby enemy systems, and the later return.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment