I like it, but I would tweak...
I don't like it because...
Don't create more factions, really
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 6:11:32 AM
Rheem wrote:

I also think early wormhole access without a downside would make it too op, usually the person who gets wormhole tech first and starts colonizing the unpopulated area wins the game.

Hm, if the early expansion was too strong then it could be toned down with increased industry cost of colonization modules. It would be the downside of the affinity. You can travel far but you can't colonize as fast as others.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 12:19:42 AM
I think its interesting, but it kind of feels a bit cliché as far as the appearance goes, and not very distinct or well defined in that area.

I also think early wormhole access without a downside would make it too op, usually the person who gets wormhole tech first and starts colonizing the unpopulated area wins the game.

Maybe if you change the affinity to:

- Fleets don't use all Movement Points when using a Wormhole. Instead, Fleets use 25% of max move points when entering a Wormhole.

- Invasion occurs 20% slower against factions you are at war with. Enemy invasions on your systems occur 20% faster if you are at war with their faction.

And then leave the early wormhole tech in. I think this is a bit more balanced as a whole as if you are too aggressive early game there are repercussions.

As it currently is you would have way too many systems early on, especially on larger maps, to be balanced.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment