Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

NO ADMINISTRATOR hero at start = RESTART

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 5:18:04 PM
I mean, I personally don't use heroes and should be heavily nerfed in their passive bonuses.

But if you guys want a more level op hero crap playing field, who am I to stop you right?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 1:43:52 AM
AmDDRed wrote:
I was mistaken a bit - when game starts, you have no hero )

So, checkbox options:

* No heroes - no hero available for hire;

* More heroes - academy places doubled, heroes income faster;

* Emperor - player can create his own hero-representative;

* Salvagable heroes - except for wounds, player must pay winner fleet for hero to return;

* Mortal heroes - defeated hero get lost;

* Weaken heroes - heroes get nerfed;

This would be way too awesome. Seriously.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 9:02:27 PM
To be honest, I am a bit more keen on the 'standard' races and such, I guess, and I would like a slightly stronger empire / hero correlation. That is, if you play one empire, at least half the heroes you get should be from that empire.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 3:44:45 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Tred, do you enjoy going around commenting with two or three word sentences on peoples ideas? XD Do you find some joy in it that we don't? smiley: biggrin

Argh totally forgot this comment - well, sometimes even I remaind speechless lol

What else shall I say when I agree with someones post and have nothing else to add..? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 3:39:56 PM
I don't use "Legendary Heroes". I prefer to customize my race to suit my play style or for role-play purposes.

Admin heroes aren't just for the early game. They excel at building up newly colonized and/or captured planets.

I do believe they are over-powered.

I will sometimes restart a game to get an Admin and a Fleet hero. But I'm no uber-player.

AmDDRed wrote:

So, checkbox options:

* Salvagable heroes - except for wounds, player must pay winner fleet for hero to return;

Mortal heroes & Emperor would make game go till Emperor's death;

Mortal heroes would make game more extreme;

Salvagable heroes -quite alike "mortal", because of payments and no immediate return, but it's not death, only foes getting richer;

Weaken heroes option would allow make compromise between usual game and "no heroes";

"More heroes" option would go nicely with "mortal heroes" & "weaken", but no use with "no heroes" (what's the point of vacant places for personel, if no personel);
+1
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 9:06:36 AM
I don't even look at them on start. Just right click them away. If winning depends on them, pretty sad....
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 10:22:56 PM
Tred, do you enjoy going around commenting with two or three word sentences on peoples ideas? XD Do you find some joy in it that we don't? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 9:55:15 PM
AmDDRed wrote:

So, checkbox options:

Salvagable heroes -quite alike "mortal", because of payments and no immediate return, but it's not death, only foes getting richer;

Weaken heroes option would allow make compromise between usual game and "no heroes";

"More heroes" option would go nicely with "mortal heroes" & "weaken", but no use with "no heroes" (what's the point of vacant places for personel, if no personel);

Good, good!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 9:28:54 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Can we just have a balanced hero setting in the game creation options, so the game will randomly select a balanced set of heroes for the people who want it?

This is certainly the best thing to do, quite easy too. For sure there are many people who like to min/max even their games, starting a new game right away if something doesn't match their liking. But I'd say the majority still likes the random nature of the starting heroes, to just use them in the best way their stats have to offer - going with the flow. Igncom1's solution is much better than most others, because it's simple, yet effective in fixing these hero related starting problems. Nerfing something or changing up the stat system on the heroes would both take a lot more work to do, and possibly bring up problems for other players who have different views and playstyles concerning the usage of heroes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 7:59:47 PM

So, checkbox options:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 10:29:48 PM
I'd say it is an influence, but other factors account into it. For example, if I get no admin. but find a tier I/wonder/really good anomaly planet on my first turn or 2, I will roll with it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 1:15:04 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Can we just have a balanced hero setting in the game creation options, so the game will randomly select a balanced set of heroes for the people who want it?

That would not be a bad idea... more balanced galaxies are always good - especially if its a tournament, balanced testing or what not.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 11:23:02 AM
Igncom1 wrote:

Seems nice. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 10:33:09 AM
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 9:50:07 AM
Mb, player should have possibility of creating his own hero?

Like hero options:

* No heroes; - No heroes in the game if checked;

* Custom starting hero; - player created hero, choose avatar (of race selected), type in bio, select start stats;

If "no heroes" selected, then this one custom hero will be straight representative of the player. King of the Hill. Emperor.

And this emperor thing could make more stuff like if hero death is implemented (option "Mortal Heroes") then death of Emperor could mean the end of game.

Or another interesting option - if your emperor is captured in battle (which is not option for now - could be another option "Salvagable Heroes"), then your empire are controlled by AI till you pay some dust to release him.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 8:53:47 PM
I agree that it's fun to be challenged, but at the same time, some strategies really require only one thing to be viable and that might be a hero. Currently the game forces a certain homeworld, and can force a certain affinity, you can't force a single hero type, which is a little annoying.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 9:36:17 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
I'm gonna be honest here - I don't really like the idea behind this topic. Yes, administrator hero at start is very helpful, especially with legendary heroes. But it does NOT mean that everybody goes for this combo and restarts if is unable to get it. In my opinion if you want to play with a good balance and perfect starting strategies then you should not play Endless Space because this game isn't about it.

I agree, me too i dislike that way of playing. I play to be challenged, if the game turn into a walk in the park it loose all it's flavor.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 9:31:14 PM
I'm gonna be honest here - I don't really like the idea behind this topic. Yes, administrator hero at start is very helpful, especially with legendary heroes. But it does NOT mean that everybody goes for this combo and restarts if is unable to get it. In my opinion if you want to play with a good balance and perfect starting strategies then you should not play Endless Space because this game isn't about it.

It is about randoming a lot of stuff and trying your best to make up for all the disadvantages you start with while abusing your advantages. I play ES not for the victory screen but because I just enjoy playing it. Especially when the game is nasty to me, because it makes the victory just so much better. And yes, I do lose from time to time. But honestly, I think of it as part of experience when playing a good video game. This is why I dislike the whole notion of picking the best traits you can. If you want to pwn the ai, just play on lowest difficulty level, you should have no problems with that. As for multiplayer... let's just say that ES is not the best game to compare individual players' skills. For that you should use games like starcraft 2. And leave Endless Space the way it is.

Of course this is solely my own opinion. I'm not saying that people who agree with this thread's title are wrong, I just do not agree with them because our views are different. No disrespect intended smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 8:33:47 PM
i just get this game like one week ago , and until now i didnt get administrator hero in any of the 3 games, i always get pilot and its great, the hero part in this game is one of the features that put ES over another 4x games. Soo i will try to restart my next game until i get an administrator thx for the advice
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment