Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

NO ADMINISTRATOR hero at start = RESTART

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 4:25:00 PM
Yea, one game I ended up buying 2 corp heroes and changing my admin/corp hero to focus on trade (4 person game and I was stuck between 2 cravers until then smiley: stickouttongue) because they bonuses were a lot more useful than just production and food. More money = more instant buying. Admin is def an early game hero right now, late game their bonuses are too little to be noticeable
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 3:46:20 PM
crescon wrote:
Why use reset when you can just take fleet hero on cravens and start to dominate the space. smiley: smile

You won't have the industry to build a fleet for your hero. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 10:56:52 PM
I must have missed this thread. I recently posted a thread asking for the communities opinion about what they do when they're not given an Admin and what they would do if they were handed a power house hero like Lucrum Yoku instead.

It would also be nice to have a saved new game profiles. I'm tired of loading up each faction with a color, lol.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 10:41:36 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Having a faction trait relating to Heroes seems like an awful idea. "I can spend some of my precious faction points to guarantee fairness in the game that should already be possible to implement." Really, that solution seems as backwards as Microsoft's solution of "Microsoft Studios" for solving the problem of no self-publishing to XBLA.

If anything the only fair option is non random card choices on an across every race basis.

Every faction will draw the same heroes in terms of stats traits, its just their arrival will be due to technological research. that way no one player gets a hero advantage, only a time advantage of them showing up.

Make this an advanced gameplay tick box.

Balanced Heroes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 10:37:46 PM
Razis wrote:
I am I pretty sure I'm not the only one that restarts the game if no administrator hero is present. Strategy doesn't matter, they are a huge advantage. Lets be honest, everyone takes legendary heroes. This is simply wrong. You could argue if + food or + production is better, but no admin = restart.

Some of you may now want to act smart and post "I dont have legendary heroes in my custom build lol I still pwn" - that's great, but you can also play with -100 faction points and still win. That's not the point. Everyone that knows the game a lil bit and wants the best possible build, chooses legendary heroes; just to have this +15 production or +20 food. It's just too good - or everything else is too bad.

The random chance and adapting to what you get is part of what is enjoyable about any game.

It's like restarting a team in bloodbowl after getting no stat or double skill rolls.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:26:11 AM
I think it takes out uncertainty within a custom faction. I'm not sure MP players can restart their match every time they didn't get their Corporate/Admin Hero.

3 or 5 points may be a little too much (I think 2 is good) because you already have 3 chances at rolling the type of hero you wanted without it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:11:16 AM
Having a faction trait relating to Heroes seems like an awful idea. "I can spend some of my precious faction points to guarantee fairness in the game that should already be possible to implement." Really, that solution seems as backwards as Microsoft's solution of "Microsoft Studios" for solving the problem of no self-publishing to XBLA.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 10:05:01 PM
Maybe the correct way to go about this is to allow a factional trait to allow a certain hero to always be available at the start of the game when playing as that faction. While I may not regard administrators as highly as my peers, the custom faction I've created has Skuoi Kyryi acting as a kind of a knight in service to the Empress (me). I imagined him as kind of like a feral cyborg thing like General Grievous from Star Wars, and ever since, I've always wanted him to be my right-hand hero, helping to build up my homeworld, send colonization efforts to other planets, and being an unstoppable badass when it came to fighting wars.

The headhunters-corporate trait is a good step in the right direction, and for the last 3 times that I've started the game (only to get destroyed by the Amoeba. Seriously, Amplitude, wtf did you do to them?!), I've gotten Skuoi, but I'd like it to be a sure thing. I'd be willing to give up some factional points to make sure of that. Perhaps someone could message me on how to create a mod to do this?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 28, 2013, 9:15:21 PM
It would appear that the minister of propaganda ability has been moved to the adventurer class.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 4:35:36 PM
"Heroes:

Updated all Hero ability trees

5 new heroes: Harmony, Automaton, Dust Collective, Virus and Pilgrim [G2G]

Heroes can now level up to level 25"

It seems the heroes have been "remastered" with the release of the expansion. Aside from the huge implementation of the new faction and planet FIDS values, I'm really excited about the hero rework. I know some players avoided heroes because the bonuses where quite powerful, but I hope (throwing some faith out there) they will come out more balanced now.

I guess the release of the Harmony, whom can't use heroes, prompted this change.

Off-topic: I always thought heroes where much like the "Heroic Race" within the anime "Heroic Age" because of their power (especially the commander/pilot).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 3:49:55 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
You won't have the industry to build a fleet for your hero. smiley: stickouttongue

Then just invest a few points in your race to guarantee the presence of a specific trait in your start setup. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2013, 8:01:15 PM
Every little helps!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 26, 2013, 12:15:01 PM
Why use reset when you can just take fleet hero on cravens and start to dominate the space. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 5:57:20 PM
Sovereign wrote:
let us throw our (paper) money on the Devs till they bleed.

Papercuts can be evil. o_O
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 4:57:54 PM
let us throw our (paper) money on the Devs till they bleed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 4:53:50 PM
Well, they found another "solution" to this problem. You'll see wednesday, what I mean. smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 12:43:13 AM
Harmony all day erry day.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 24, 2013, 12:13:24 AM
Heroes with both Administrator/Corporate

There are three Hero archetypes that directly benefit fleets, but only two that actually help govern planets. If you happen to find one of those rare Heroes on turn 1, you practically have an unfair advantage over everyone else who might have to make do with a half-and-half.

I would probably restart anytime I didn't get one, if it was even worth the effort - I've sometimes restarted 15+ times before actually getting a good Hero.

They improved map balance, but they should also improve starting Hero balance - each player gets three Heroes with the same traits. For example, each player would get one good system manager, one good fleet hero, and one half-each. Then you don't fall behind because you weren't lucky enough to get an administrator, and you don't become a military colossus simply because you got the one good admiral.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 23, 2013, 6:04:38 PM
Nasarog wrote:
I use them, but I would like them to be nerfed, and I'd like single aspect heroes to rise from my own ranks. THat would be fun.

Yeah that would be nice.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 10:18:29 AM
Whilst generally we don't restart our MP games just if we don't get an admin (we'd never actually play then!), I still believe they're extremely powerful: certainly the most useful of all the hero types. Before the legendary heroes nerf and the slight reshuffle of the admin abilities (pushing +20% production up a level so that it requires labour 3, etc.), admins were insanely powerful. A first-turn admin, with level two legendary heroes, could kickstart your game massively: flat production buffs early, +% production buffs later, happiness buffs to deal with expansion disapproval and food increases to help populate your systems far faster than without.

These days, things are a bit better: legendary heroes costs too much for it to be a no-brainer and your admins take a little longer to really come in to their own. Also, in long games, they tend to run out of useful skillls - once you've got labour 3, wit 3, all the production buffs, etc. there's not much left to add. Long term, in peace time at least, corporates really come into their own, making your trade routes much, much better than if you run with admins.

All that said, admins are still too potent if you ask me: a Horatio player with the same five systems as his opponent, but with five admins (horatio get the academy cap upgrade much earlier, remember), will massively outstrip them for production and growth. Admins are like an early-game swiss army knife: they give you food, production /and/ happiness. The only think missing is a little science and none of the other heroes can really help there - the corporate's science buffs are okay, but you'd be better off with admins fuelling your population increase and allowing you to build the science improvements sooner anyway.

So what to do about it? Well, nerfing the admins is an option, but giving the other heroes a good reason to recruit them early on certainly wouldn't hurt. If it was down to me, I'd move the happiness buffs off the admins and on to the corporates. At least then the admins wouldn't be quite such a no-brainer.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment