Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

NO ADMINISTRATOR hero at start = RESTART

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 11:02:11 AM
I restart for mediocre nearby systems and no admin, but I feel bad about restarting. Feels like cheating a bit. But it's too big of a handicap otherwise.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 10:35:01 PM
I do not use legendary heroes because

a) it is expensive

b) new heroes take their good old time getting here (how about an event where I rescue one?)

c) did I mention its expensive.

I do agree they are gross, that food buff is more insane than the industry buff ever was. Just like resources their abilities (fleet heroes are just as bad) get so silly as to be game breaking.

Half the time I think I am back playing D&D with eight year old brats where every kid as a +bazillion vorpal sword of kills all. monty hall anyone?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 8:51:03 AM
AgentTBC wrote:
It's possible to win without an Administration hero, yes, even on Endless.
agreed
But that doesn't mean that Administration heroes aren't overpowered. Can anyone who understands the game at all seriously argue that the Admin heroes and the Corporate heroes are balanced. Corporate heroes are utter crap compared the Admin. I read Amplitude was working on some kind of balance rejiggering and I hope nerfing Admin and buffing Corporate heroes are part of that.

The Fleet-vs-Pilot trees are much more balanced.

I too would like to see them balance Admin and Corporate heros... that would provide a decent balance not only between the two, but would make Admin heros less of a "I win button". Hopefully this will be done soon, as I think it's overdue.

To answer the OP, no, I don't restart if I don't get an Admin hero.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 3:30:58 AM
It's possible to win without an Administration hero, yes, even on Endless. But that doesn't mean that Administration heroes aren't overpowered. Can anyone who understands the game at all seriously argue that the Admin heroes and the Corporate heroes are balanced. Corporate heroes are utter crap compared the Admin. I read Amplitude was working on some kind of balance rejiggering and I hope nerfing Admin and buffing Corporate heroes are part of that.

The Fleet-vs-Pilot trees are much more balanced.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 2:37:53 AM
Nasarog wrote:
That would be just a start. I'd also increase the number of heroes out there. I hate seeing the same heroes in game after game. If they were not so OP, I just wouldn't use them at all.

There is already a large number of them, it's just that the game don't care if you have seen them before. I'm not even sure if the game make sure if heroes don't spawn more than once every game. As for being OP, they are supposed to be powerful, something you want; the problem is that some powers they have are much more desirable than others...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 2:07:05 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
You mean like heroes that are overall kinda a shallow buff except for in their predefined speciality areas?

Not too bad, personally id love it if normal hero stats could only go as high as 30%, because while 30% isn't much early game, late game it can turn wars.

I'd nerf heroes from several different angles.

Cut their bonuses significantly. Reduce their abilities, so the really powerful abilities actually cost multiple upgrade points. Heroes should help, not completely imbalance the game. Certain heroes will not work with all factions.

REMOVE Duplicates unless they are cloned. In one game I fight my twin hero three times because I guess he was cloned and sold to the highest bidder. Sometimes a minor hero should spawn from a very successful fleet or a good system. This hero has 50% less skills than a normal hero, but this hero also costs less.

That would be just a start. I'd also increase the number of heroes out there. I hate seeing the same heroes in game after game. If they were not so OP, I just wouldn't use them at all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 1:43:46 AM
Nasarog wrote:
I use them, but I would like them to be nerfed, and I'd like single aspect heroes to rise from my own ranks. THat would be fun.

You mean like heroes that are overall kinda a shallow buff except for in their predefined speciality areas?

Not too bad, personally id love it if normal hero stats could only go as high as 30%, because while 30% isn't much early game, late game it can turn wars.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 12:36:19 AM
generally i don't use administrator heroes since i am all about the war. so no restart. i acktually never restart just becouse it aint as i want it
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 12:26:22 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
I don't even use heroes.

So I'll go for the crazy choice and say NERF EM TO DEATH!

I use them, but I would like them to be nerfed, and I'd like single aspect heroes to rise from my own ranks. THat would be fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 11:39:20 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I don't even use heroes.

You are too hardcore smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 11:28:20 PM
I don't even use heroes.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 2:13:24 PM
For me it depends whether we are playing MP or I play a SP round. In MP we restart if one of us is missing an Administrator.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
I do not reload, nor do I care about the administrator hero in my first 3. I usually like to get the pilot and fleet commander hero because I am fighting a lot at the onset of my games. I've yet to win a game without firing a shot.

I also play with random systems, and random planets and I do not worry about system balance. In my current game, my arm of the galaxy has 6 systems. I am a a great disadvantage, but I'm okay with that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 9:31:00 PM
It also might depend on whether you are using a custom faction. If you've chosen a negative trait for your home world an industry leader will get experience bonuses which will counteract that and improve your approval rating, or at least get it back to what it would have been without the negative trait.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:57:54 PM
Razis, I feel the same way. If I don't get a good admin (I am very very picky about traits, description, and even portrait)

Combined with my other "must" list, I restart most of my games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:26:17 PM
Razis wrote:
Read my post again, second part especially.

Still not sure what you're trying to get at, I rarely use heroes honestly, I don't feel they make that much a difference. I have read several peoples strategies with them but I don't comprehend them smiley: stickouttongue.

Edit: Not sure what the best possible build is either, isn't it all situational?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:25:42 PM
I agree its a restart when playing on endless difficulty.

But I disagree on legendary hero. Huge waste of points, I don't care if you get 2 free levels to your hero. Thats like 7 to 14 game turns in the early part of the game before my hero gets there. and dont tell me those few turns give you a huge advantage. My hero will level up in a few turns getting me halfway to your legendary hero's level. Then its a crapshoot until he gets the next level. The systems I have them assigned to and overall strategy will determine the speed of leveling from there.

But ya, corp/admin, in endless game is the difference between being a contender or being left behind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:15:32 PM
Foraven wrote:
there is a random event that shuffle the heroes in the Academy so we get a second chance for an admin hero (but also a reason to hurry to hire a good hero before he gets shuffled away).

Good point and agreed, I correct my previous statement to be more precise - if I don't get the administrator and after initial recon won't get hero restart, I start again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:12:21 PM
stasik28 wrote:
I... neither use legendary heroes or restart if I don't get an admin... smiley: stickouttongue

Is this post here to imply that heroes are overpowered?

Read my post again, second part especially.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 7:45:55 PM
Razis wrote:
I am I pretty sure I'm not the only one that restarts the game if no administrator hero is present.

Probably not, but i never restart because i don't have the best start. I find it part of the challenge. I don't think the AI is that much competitive that i need the best start to stand a chance... Besides, if we don't have the best hero we can get, there is a random event that shuffle the heroes in the Academy so we get a second chance for an admin hero (but also a reason to hurry to hire a good hero before he gets shuffled away).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment