Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Home Planet affinity

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 9:49:05 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Killjoy!.. Just agree with me, and maybe we'll get the dev's to give this aspect of the game a once-over.

smiley: stickouttongue

Hahaha, yea..
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 10:38:38 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Killjoy!.. Just agree with me, and maybe we'll get the dev's to give this aspect of the game a once-over.

smiley: stickouttongue

I wouldn't mind if they changed the lore to be exactly what you guys were saying, but at this time that's not how it's currently explained within the game. I really would like for them to flesh it out, though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 3, 2013, 1:38:10 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I wouldn't mind if they changed the lore to be exactly what you guys were saying, but at this time that's not how it's currently explained within the game. I really would like for them to flesh it out, though.
Yea, flesh it out, make it transparent, whatever. We need to understand the mechanics better.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 7:32:58 AM
This still proves my point, because the Cravers and Sowers didn't evolve on their respective homeworlds.

I dont get it....the cravers and sowers are not "true" inhabitants of their (so-called) home-planets (which are really "just" starting planets then) so they are unhappy there....isnt that the same thing I said and goes along the Anakin argument? Isnt it more the case that you prove my point here?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 9:05:38 PM
Autocthon wrote:
5 Happiness on averahe isn't a big difference, not enough to shift to empire happiness a great deal unless you have a lot of colonies already (and therefore large penalty from colonies).
I like slow starts where I get to expand, and often the hit (-5 per tier 2 planet)in approval can significantly change my plans. So yea, it does affect me some.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 10:46:24 AM
Just because you were born on Tatooine, that doesn't make it a good place to live.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:58:59 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Just because you were born on Tatooine, that doesn't make it a good place to live.

Sure, you make a valid point, but is that the perspective of all of the Tatooine residents, or of one Luke Skywalker with his need for adventure. That analogy aside, look at the game universe and compare it to the Star Wars universe.

The various alien species/factions start off on a particular world except pilgrims and Horatio, and I believe that they picked the worlds that they use as their homeworlds. So yes, they negativity bonuses they suffer kind of suck. I think that the 3 tier 1 worlds should actually offer a bonus in approval, and the Tier 2 worlds should give no mallus if it's your homeworld type.

That's just how I see it.

On edit: Maybe the first 3 planets the you colonize that are identical to your home-type have no negative malus, but after 3, the people have had enough.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 3:04:26 PM
If you love your home planet so much, why leave? I mean, considering your empire bottled up a couple million souls onto those two ships you start the game with, chances are they're pretty unhappy with where they live. Just think about the overpopulation malus, too. Remember that the species have no choice in what their home planet is.

Just because the Cravers start on an Arid planet, does not mean they "like" the arid climate. Their lore indicates they were left there by the Endless. The Sowers were also left on their home planet by the Endless - and you could argue that they simply weren't happy that it could have more life, and didn't yet.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 5:31:57 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
If you love your home planet so much, why leave? I mean, considering your empire bottled up a couple million souls onto those two ships you start the game with, chances are they're pretty unhappy with where they live. Just think about the overpopulation malus, too. Remember that the species have no choice in what their home planet is.

Just because the Cravers start on an Arid planet, does not mean they "like" the arid climate. Their lore indicates they were left there by the Endless. The Sowers were also left on their home planet by the Endless - and you could argue that they simply weren't happy that it could have more life, and didn't yet.

Sure, sure, but I am not talking over-population here. I am specifically referring to having a negative malus based on home planet type and only that. I agree that if the planet/system/empire has too many souls/citizens there could/would be some discord. When you colonize new planets, the planet you settle on should not have a negative malus if it's the same type as your original home planet.

Now, if you were dumped somewhere and instead are looking for a better world to settle, that would make sense. Cravers in that regard do not make sense. I would think that the way that empire happiness works would be very different for them. Unless they end up on barren/lava/gas giant, they shouldn't be angry. Now if they get the tier 1/2 planets and they should get positive happiness.

ALso, aren't the sowers trying to renovate/terraform their planets to welcome back the endless?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 6:01:25 PM
Approval rating on home planet is actually factored into empire balance. So removing the penalties for home planet types actually increases relative power of factions with T2 planets compared to T1.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 6:21:36 PM
Autocthon wrote:
Approval rating on home planet is actually factored into empire balance. So removing the penalties for home planet types actually increases relative power of factions with T2 planets compared to T1.
Really? where does it show that?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 6:44:06 PM
As for the Cravers, the virtual endless tried to nuke them to extinction but got called away before the job could be finished.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 6:59:41 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
As for the Cravers, the virtual endless tried to nuke them to extinction but got called away before the job could be finished.

That's generally how the lore goes in this game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 8:06:21 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Really? where does it show that?
It's implicit, and it's something you realize as you play.

The Sophons start on a Terran Planet because if they started on Ocean they'd have broken fast research even compared to now.

The UE start on Terran because if tehy started on Jungle they could get even crazier early Industry.

The Cravers start on Arid because OMFG CRAVERS RUN

The factions affinities are balanced holistically. Changing the planetary approval of T2 planets because "hey home planet" will then change relative balance between factions.

Oh and approval would be more accurately retermed as "Empire Logistics", because it represents a LOT more than planetary happiness.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 8:46:59 PM
Autocthon wrote:
It's implicit, and it's something you realize as you play.

The Sophons start on a Terran Planet because if they started on Ocean they'd have broken fast research even compared to now.

The UE start on Terran because if tehy started on Jungle they could get even crazier early Industry.

The Cravers start on Arid because OMFG CRAVERS RUN

The factions affinities are balanced holistically. Changing the planetary approval of T2 planets because "hey home planet" will then change relative balance between factions.

Oh and approval would be more accurately retermed as "Empire Logistics", because it represents a LOT more than planetary happiness.
Hmm, I never thought of that, when you put it this way, it makes perfect sense.

Though I would still want your first 3 colonized planets of the same type as your homeworld unless tier 1, to not have a massive impact on your empire happiness.

Okay, can I change my request to... More transparency please. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 9:03:20 PM
5 Happiness on averahe isn't a big difference, not enough to shift to empire happiness a great deal unless you have a lot of colonies already (and therefore large penalty from colonies).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 4:49:18 AM
I know I have mentioned this in the past, but I am certain that I am not alone in this....

Why oh why do you have negative approval for your home planet, and home planet type??? Shouldn't that be automatically waved at least for the home Planet type. If you were born on this planet type, wouldn't you love it?

Just sayin'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 9:33:53 PM
Well if you're taking a relatively big hit to your approval form having too many T2 planets in system then you're cross colonizing planets far too early.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:04:32 PM
Autocthon wrote:
Well if you're taking a relatively big hit to your approval form having too many T2 planets in system then you're cross colonizing planets far too early.

I am trying to increase my fids so I could compete with the A.I. and their various built in bonuses. In a rush scenario, I'd be able to wipe out half the A.I. if I build accordingly, but that doesn't always work out for the RP game where I'm trying something new. I also don't MP, so I do not have an optimal build order for each faction.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:42:23 PM
Then you lower your taxes. You're basically saying you're upset that you have to deal with one of the main aspects of early game decision-making.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment