Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Home Planet affinity

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:45:51 PM
Cross colonizing planets doesn't tend to increase FIDS any real amount because you can only gain 1pop per system at a time, you have to wait until you've begun to pop cap planets, and by then you'll have the tech to increase approval (such as Colonial rights). Your main focus should never be on building tall in the early game (except for Harmony and Sowers who have strong cross colonization) but rather in expanding to new systems to gain exponential empire growth.

And unless you're playing in harder than Normal the AI doesn't have any real effective bonuses.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:49:16 PM
"Happiness Rate" is something that really confused me for the longest time. I think that a better name for it would be something along the lines of "Logistic Efficiency" or "Government Spending" or "Economic Maintenance". It would make it make much more sense to the average player (i.e., me). If you spend Dust on Logistic Efficiency you produce more goods, but you get less Dust back in the budget to spend elsewhere. Alternatively, you could take Dust out of the Logistic Efficiency Budget and keep it for other expenses, you'll get more money, but your economy will be less efficient. It makes much more sense than, our people are unhappy because we get money out of them rather than hard labor in the factories.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
Autocthon wrote:
Cross colonizing planets doesn't tend to increase FIDS any real amount because you can only gain 1pop per system at a time, you have to wait until you've begun to pop cap planets, and by then you'll have the tech to increase approval (such as Colonial rights). Your main focus should never be on building tall in the early game (except for Harmony and Sowers who have strong cross colonization) but rather in expanding to new systems to gain exponential empire growth.

And unless you're playing in harder than Normal the AI doesn't have any real effective bonuses.

To add on to what you said, early T2 planets are still pretty damn useless. You need to actually have decent population growth, and that generally requires techs you acquire later in the game - if you don't start with Sustainible Farms, your first planet probably shouldn't be a planet with 1 smiley: food per smiley: stickouttongueopulation:, for example.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:57:38 PM
I do not populate planets in the system until the first colony planet has hit max population. I play on harder than normal.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:58:19 PM
All T2 planets have 2smiley: food per smiley: stickouttongueopulation:, unless you're the sowers. Then you just don't bother with non tundra non lava planets (ever)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 12:02:33 AM
Nasarog wrote:
I do not populate planets in the system until the first colony planet has hit max population. I play on harder than normal.

This could potentially be a problem. A rather large one.

Autocthon wrote:
All T2 planets have 2smiley: food per smiley: stickouttongueopulation:, unless you're the sowers. Then you just don't bother with non tundra non lava planets (ever)

With the FIDS changes in Disharmony I just don't know anymore. Thanks for pointing it out.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 12:07:30 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
This could potentially be a problem. A rather large one.

How so, maybe that will explain where I am going wrong.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment