Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] - Moving fleets to enemy colonies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:22:56 PM
I'm sorry if this is already out there, but I couldn't find it.

Just now, I am playing a game and for the last 5 turns I couldn't move my fleets to the Cravers Homeworld and I couldn't understand why. I saved and loaded the game again in hopes that it was a bug of sorts.

After loading I still couldn't move the fleets. 3 turns later and I remembered... I wasn't at war with them! I declared war and finnaly managed to move the fleets.

What I mean by this, is that a warning could be displayed when we try to move a fleet to a faction's planet that we aren't either allied or at war with. With this message we could have the choice to declare war immediatly or propose open borders, depending of our intentions and move the fleets in one click.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:43:39 PM
That is a good point. In many games, when moving a unit into enemy territory would start a war, the game pops up a dialog box which says like, "This will declare war! Continue/cancel". That is much better than just silently preventing it. I have echo'd this thread onto the suggestion thread link in my sig, hopefully jetkar will pick it up.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:47:36 PM
davea wrote:
That is a good point. In many games, when moving a unit into enemy territory would start a war, the game pops up a dialog box which says like, "This will declare war! Continue/cancel". That is much better than just silently preventing it. I have echo'd this thread onto the suggestion thread link in my sig, hopefully jetkar will pick it up.

And less frustrating smiley: smile

Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 10:31:07 AM
kokonite wrote:
I'm sorry if this is already out there, but I couldn't find it.

Just now, I am playing a game and for the last 5 turns I couldn't move my fleets to the Cravers Homeworld and I couldn't understand why. I saved and loaded the game again in hopes that it was a bug of sorts.

After loading I still couldn't move the fleets. 3 turns later and I remembered... I wasn't at war with them! I declared war and finnaly managed to move the fleets.

What I mean by this, is that a warning could be displayed when we try to move a fleet to a faction's planet that we aren't either allied or at war with. With this message we could have the choice to declare war immediatly or propose open borders, depending of our intentions and move the fleets in one click.

Thanks for the suggestion this has been added to summary list under Gameplay > General > Fleet Entry Warning
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment