Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Increase fleet cap

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:57:38 PM
I personally would think it would be very cool if we could add the number of techs that give a boost to the fleet cap, I personally would love the ability for the fleet cap to go higher than it already is now. It would really add a sense of sheer epicness to battles if the size could be increased, doubled even. Just a thought smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 6:04:50 PM
chaz420 wrote:
I personally would think it would be very cool if we could add the number of techs that give a boost to the fleet cap, I personally would love the ability for the fleet cap to go higher than it already is now. It would really add a sense of sheer epicness to battles if the size could be increased, doubled even. Just a thought smiley: cool
I agree that it would increase the epicness of battles. I also think it would make a great addition to my 5th tech tree idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 6:08:18 PM
I have been thinking about this too, one problem is battles would look too chaotic in their current form - if the planned changes happen i.e camera control/targeting/selecting perhaps it would work better - in any case im sure larger fleets will be a mod.

One idea i was thinking about was an 'armada' tech, late game in the military tech tree, where you could merge fleets into a huge armada, the battle screen would focuses on the main command fleet, while the other fleets you could see fighting in the distance of the star system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 6:32:20 PM
I was recently playing and I wondered if a Cap on the amount of fleets in general would help? Since combat is much better if you're involved and there is small amount of possible agents that can lead your fleets having fewer in total would help speed up the game and make battles more important and decisive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 6:35:25 PM
I think what would be beneficial is to allow several fleets to fight together. The ai can do it now, so i think we should. Now the battles might have to take several turns, but I would think that would be a good thing.

If it gets too large you could have each ship represent 2 ships etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 2:59:37 AM
So, to clarify, you find that 20-24 CP fleets are too small and would prefer 40-48 CP fleets? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

That said, 22 CP fleet engagements tend to end during long range phase, so maybe larger engagements would allow for longer battles?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 3:58:34 AM
I say rather than making fleets larger, I would say add a game feature allowing you to 'link' fleets, so that they move together and fight together. It would allow much larger battles without changing the balance too much. Think of it as condensing continuous battles into one. I can't be the only one whom has had to deal with 14 straight battles in a single turn. It would be a little more 'real' too, since I doubt all those fleets would take turns attacking.

While currently it might seem a little chaotic, that is part of the charm.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 4:17:58 AM
Like your idea Sally, may be a tech that allow two or three fleet to fight together?

if we assume that the bug of the AI that create a creazy number of fleet will be correct of course... otherwise, we will be doom! ^^

*about this bug, someone else have seen a fleet like me that the number is 90/14, because I realy wonder if it's possible.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment