Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Rename Pilot Class to Engineer

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 7:14:19 PM
All the pilot abilities seem to revolve around getting the best out of the technology and have little to do with piloting a ship. The only ones that fit are the speed buffs, and even those have far more to do with the beings in the engine room than the being at the helm.

This will clarify what kind of abilities the players can expect to find in the class tree as well as eliminate some of the ambiguity between "commander" and "pilot" without reference materials.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 7:35:09 PM
I don't think it's really necessary to rename them but otherwise I agree with all your points, the abilities of a pilot have not much in common with being a pilot.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 7:38:34 PM
If we see pilot kind of as the Skywalker-Tune-It-Yourself sort of type, then I don't see an issue, but I can surely understand how it can be seen as misleading. I took pilot, after the first go around, to be more of a blanket "it's about the ships with this one" mentality and with the commander I saw it as "it's about the fleet." It makes sense that a dedicated pilot would spend a lot of time on their vessels and would ensure they were as good as they possibly could be, much like a street racer usually doubles as an at least competent mechanic.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment