Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestions/Feedback] Population size / Planet size

It needs to be changed, I agree on the revamp
It needs to be changed, though slightly different from the suggestions (please post your ideas then)
It needs to be changed
At least some minor changes
Don't care about small planets being as good as big ones
The system is perfect as it is now
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:22:41 PM
KNC wrote:
Endothermic Structures is an early game tech, so it comes into effect within the first 50 turns, likely even earlier.

The relative ratios between small and big are closer late game than early is what I meant. Also even with endo, giant planets are still superior as there is still a difference in population (10/6), and 4 pop can mean a lot of FIDS. Another thing is in order to create a small/tiny planet with the same pop as an unimproved giant, -20 Dust per turn is required.

For me though it comes down to whether or not it is good for gameplay. Creating a larger disparity between big and small planets doesn't do anything except make smaller planets less useful, and even more so in the long term.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:20:12 PM
Perhaps more focus should be placed on the negative effects of an extremely overpopulated tiny planet vs. a normally populated Huge planet, if it is not already happening with the overpopulation - happiness system. What ghost says is also correct: the improvements cost money, so it balances. The most probably thing that will happen to balance out this is to make the improvements cost even more money.

Also, Cravers also have the crowded planet trait and your numbers on Gas Giants are not correct, as Self-replicating Habitats, Psychological Insulation, and Living Habitats add 4 population.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:01:27 PM
KNC wrote:
The idea is too great to just take it out but have it stay in the planet with a 100% unrealistic effect isn't cool either. Let it affect planets by their size or make it do something else like giving a bonus on hot planets I suggest.

Hi,

i like the idea to increase the planet population amount to get a more realistic feeling on the planet size. In addition, it is also more realistic to have more than one pop unit on a single colony ship smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:49:27 PM
Ghost73 wrote:
I don't really see a problem with small planets being able to eventually host about the same amount of pop as a large. This only becomes apparent in late game when those techs are researched. Also, the improvements for pop expansion require upkeep, so bigger planets are still better.

Endothermic Structures is an early game tech, so it comes into effect within the first 50 turns, likely even earlier.

pthmix wrote:
As far as I know one of the traits of Horatio is +1 on tiny, small and medium. That gives 10 population tiny, small and medium planets. Very good.

Yeah, I just tried it, that makes it kind of worse. I think it is a trait the Horatios should keep with similar effects, however it goes even so far then that they have a better time on a medium gas giant/asteroid belt than on a large one. That's really not exactly how it should be like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:43:53 PM
As far as I know one of the traits of Horatio is +1 on tiny, small and medium. That gives 10 population tiny, small and medium planets. Very good.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:42:34 PM
I don't really see a problem with small planets being able to eventually host about the same amount of pop as a large. This only becomes apparent in late game when those techs are researched. Also, the improvements for pop expansion require upkeep, so bigger planets are still better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:39:26 PM
pthmix wrote:
Agreed. This is even more extreme for Horatios. They get +1 population on tiny, small and medium planets which, combined with endothermic structures, results in every planet being a large planet.

Really? Can you give me some details or that or point me to a location so I can add this to the issue?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:32:02 PM
Agreed. This is even more extreme for Horatios. They get +1 population on tiny, small and medium planets which, combined with endothermic structures, is almost as good as a large planet.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment