Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Intercept fleets on lanes/in space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 4:17:59 PM
WiZz wrote:
Hmm. I prefer to leave this system as is. I think, it's nearly impossible to intercept fleet, that runs faster than light. More realism into game!

Hm. In this case, this would lead to a "why fight at all"-problem, since even in a space system there would be no need to enter combat. You would have to include a "retreat" or "flee"-button to make sense, then.

On another note, any enemy would just have to build the cheapest ships available, block every system of the enemy, flee each time they try to get him off, come back and repeat. That would shred every empire in the long run.

Not sure that would be such a good idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 3:25:54 PM
Hmm. I prefer to leave this system as is. I think, it's nearly impossible to intercept fleet, that runs faster than light. More realism into game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 1:13:04 PM
Maybe there could be a special ship ability or technology you can research which allows intercept? I also think fights in the string lanes would be pretty awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 11:22:00 AM
Agree, pretty sure it is on the fix list. smiley: smile

The scouts just waltzing around in a system where you have a powerful fleet out there is ... just plain wrong. smiley: smile

Nosferatiel wrote:
Yes, it is really tiresome that enemy scouts and pirates just traverse through your blockade fleet unhindered and you have to chase them for a couple of turns.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:35:09 AM
Yes, it is really tiresome that enemy scouts and pirates just traverse through your blockade fleet unhindered and you have to chase them for a couple of turns.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:47:07 AM
I dont think so as of yet but thats something they should definitely look into adding. Also, once you go onto a string lane you have to go to the next planet, you can't turn around. This is very annoying when you're hunting down an enemy fleet. :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment