Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Faction colors on our ships

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:04:50 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about more ship customisation.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13266-suggestion-more-ship-models

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13258-suggestion-ship-classes-revamp

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13459-suggestion-individual-ship-names-and-pride-of-the-empire-flagship

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13692-suggestion-flagships

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:02:44 PM
Moar Customisation!

It's definitely a good thing, it helps people identify with their fleets more.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 7:50:17 PM
A few colored sections on the models would work well here, and maybe even have the chance to add decals at some point.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:33:11 PM
I would really like this. This will be very useful in multiplayer as well. It doesn't matter as much in single player, but we will really need to know who's attacking who when online comes on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 5:26:55 PM
If factions had banners of flags they could be hung off the side of the ship. Although I am not sure why they'd do that when making a spaceship. But if they had little floaty icons with a the faction color and/or symbol on it then it would ruin the cinematic feel of the battle.

Now that I think about about it banners wouldn't work on sophod (is that how it's spelt?) ships. I guess you'd have to go with stripes.

Although I would love to see some cool banners hanging off some empire ships. They all have big flat sides. Perfect spot for one.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:14:31 PM
I too am putting my support behind this idea.

That being said, please devs don't splash the ships with colour to the point where it's a line of pink bricks attacking a line of blue bricks (in the case of Defenders). Having the engines and maybe some trim coloured according to faction would be more than sufficient, along with maybe a faction logo.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 10:35:30 PM
Maybe you could even make engine glow and running lights colored according to your faction, if you didn't want your ship covered in paint.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 9:53:54 PM
+1, I was thinking the exact same- difficult to know who to cheer for when fighting the same faction!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:04:46 PM
hello!

Well, now, i started a new game, and I chose cravers, and I'm fighting against another craver, so in battles, it's very difficult to distinguish my ships with ennmy's ones.

So, how about adding your faction color on ships? Not painted the whole ship, just little skins.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 7:09:48 PM
Yep, thats really important. Should be included but I think it shouldn't cover the whole ship. Some decent stripes should be enough.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 7:07:54 PM
Agree, this would be a very good way to allow the player to discern what is happening.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 7:04:24 PM
Randeng wrote:
Not always^^ You'll see that sometimes, even if you're defending, your fleet warps in the system and the ennemy is waiting for you XD

Ha, yeah, the arbitrary positioning of the fleets just makes identifying your and thier ships more difficult.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:57:17 PM
that would be awesome reminds me of homeworlds ship coloring system in multiplayer but different variants would be nice.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment