logo amplifiers simplified

Suicide / collision course battle card

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 2:00:20 AM
Actually, you're both right. But that's why there are ships called Picket ships. In order to properly utilize these ideas, one would have to have formations, as well as gameplay that accounts for said formations. My guess is that this level of depth would be developed in an expansion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 1:17:14 AM
The main problem I can see with this is that it sounds very easy to exploit, turning out swarms of cheap, empty vessels that are then used as rams. Suicide dives are fine as a method of last resort, but there's nothing to stop human players from using them in a very deliberate, abusive manner. And I'm also not sure that the AI we have at present can be trusted to decide when to suicide its own ships. How would it make that determination? I know I'd be sort of put out if everything I fought a race, they just randomly went for a ram instead of fighting.

Where I think this COULD be implemented is as a special card for a Hero. That would limit the use it could be put to and make it, well, a heroic act by definition.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment