System Taxation

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 8:50:33 PM
MC8192 wrote:
jetkar, you might have got a better reponse by suggesting an optional system tax -

switch any colony you specify to local tax, all other colonies remain in the empire.

In hind sight yes probably right
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 7:18:35 PM
MC8192 wrote:
jetkar, you might have got a better reponse by suggesting an optional system tax -

switch any colony you specify to local tax, all other colonies remain in the empire.

I do wish I could start my marginal colonies as 'tax free zones' to bolster their growth for a while before integrating them into the empire with its much higher tax rates. Of course, nobody likes to lose their privileges, so special low tax zones should resist tax increases in some manner. Perhaps extra morale penalties, negative local events, and even localized rebellions in extreme cases?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 12:37:49 PM

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:22:58 AM
Thats fair...This is a pilot / trial the Dev team are considering for anyone submitting new ideas also submits a poll to see if their idea is popular in order to be put forward to the Dev team.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 5:59:47 AM
Zougkla wrote:
I think the taxation system is fine how it is.

If we tax them on a system level then you would not only be forced to micromanage your systems, but it would destroy the dust production system!

You would simply raise taxes on your dust systems and minimize them everywhere else.

I don't see any way that that could work. smiley: frown

You've persuaded me. I now wish I could change my vote from 'yes' to 'no'.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 5:53:58 AM
In any sprawling empire game micromanagement like that kills enjoyment because it is absolutely repetitive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 5:46:17 AM
Can't say that I would find this advisable at all. I like to micromanage, but this would be overkill, imo.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 5:28:08 AM
I think the taxation system is fine how it is.

If we tax them on a system level then you would not only be forced to micromanage your systems, but it would destroy the dust production system!

You would simply raise taxes on your dust systems and minimize them everywhere else.

I don't see any way that that could work. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 12:17:31 AM
i think a balance needs to be reached. If no to controlling taxes on an individual system level, at least do what total war does and give you the option to "exempt" the new system you conquer from tax (suggested by fixou above) therefore making it easier to avoid strikes on newly conquered systems. I agree that the micromanaging of individual systems might not be the right idea, but there needs to be an option to "appease" the population you conquer. (maybe like a dust payment as a gesture of goodwill to repair infrastructure, or an event where if you complete an objective- like building an agricultural improvement within 12 turns- gives you an approval bonus). Just some suggestions smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 11:52:49 PM
i voted no as the best systems for taxes for me is the one of total war shogun 2 where you have an empire tax rate but where you can dispense some lands (here systems) from taxes to avoid riots. I don't want to micro manage all the tax rates of my systems, it would be very tedious once you have tens of them.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment