Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Planet to Ship warfare

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 2, 2012, 1:27:30 PM
I've just recently bought endless space and love the game, it reminds me of similar games I loved in the past but reborn. One part I would like to see if possible would be planets to be controlled somewhat of it's defenses. Basically similar to the 3 round space combats but having control on the planets strategy of defense. For example, perhaps have missile silos to build as a defense so if an enemy comes to attack the planet, it can attempt to destroy the ships. 3 rounds per turn which the ships would be trying to destroy these defenses before ground troops can be deployed. Also perhaps planetary shielding as a structure aswell or maybe defense satalites off some sort. A means to not just rely on ships. Just a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 2, 2012, 5:13:43 PM
WOLF81 wrote:
I've just recently bought endless space and love the game, it reminds me of similar games I loved in the past but reborn. One part I would like to see if possible would be planets to be controlled somewhat of it's defenses. Basically similar to the 3 round space combats but having control on the planets strategy of defense. For example, perhaps have missile silos to build as a defense so if an enemy comes to attack the planet, it can attempt to destroy the ships. 3 rounds per turn which the ships would be trying to destroy these defenses before ground troops can be deployed. Also perhaps planetary shielding as a structure aswell or maybe defense satalites off some sort. A means to not just rely on ships. Just a thought.

Something like this should come in the nearer future if I remember correctly. Just have to wait a little bit. Check the forum, I think its in the New Expansion sticky post. ES is still young!

Edit: Just checked it I think the thread i mentioned is Expansion Pack Sticky. Hope that answer your question.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 12:32:53 AM
Cool, just read it and sounds pretty good. One other idea I just had also though would be some sort of 'spy' ship. Would be great to have a scout to be able to be cloaked so you can check out ships you might battle against based on the enemy fleet strength and configuration.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 4, 2012, 3:57:10 PM
WOLF81 wrote:
Cool, just read it and sounds pretty good. One other idea I just had also though would be some sort of 'spy' ship. Would be great to have a scout to be able to be cloaked so you can check out ships you might battle against based on the enemy fleet strength and configuration.

Something like this will be added aswell with espionage options. Stephanie mentioned its somewhere in a thread. A cloaked scout?! Sounds awesome, will add it to my unique ship thread!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 4, 2012, 6:12:23 PM
WOLF81 wrote:

I really don't want to keep advertising myself, but I started a thread HERE as a thread for the whole galaxy oversight / fog of war / scouting talk.

I was thinking that scouts just aren't used enough in ES, particularly later on, and that something

should be done so that scouting remains a requirement and fun/challenging to do!

Besides, scouts should not EVER engage other factions' ships/fleets as it goes against their nature i.e. scout and withdraw once contact has been made. I know that this is incorrectly translated into most games, but still, it's not illegal to dream, right? smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 4, 2012, 6:51:19 PM
n18991c wrote:
I really don't want to keep advertising myself, but I started a thread HERE as a thread for the whole galaxy oversight / fog of war / scouting talk.

I was thinking that scouts just aren't used enough in ES, particularly later on, and that something

should be done so that scouting remains a requirement and fun/challenging to do!

Besides, scouts should not EVER engage other factions' ships/fleets as it goes against their nature i.e. scout and withdraw once contact has been made. I know that this is incorrectly translated into most games, but still, it's not illegal to dream, right? smiley: wink

Advertising, advertising! smiley: wink

But you're right with the scouts smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 5:48:32 PM
n18991c wrote:

What is a man without dreams?!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment