Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ideas for additional features (self opnions only)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 11:18:54 AM
Morning

I have been playing this game pretty much for 5 days straight now, clocked almost 40 hours game play in those 5 days.

There are many things i love about this game and yet there a few things that i feel could be improved upon or changed.

These things are just my personal opinion and are not to be taken as fact or god's law.

First up

RESEARCH

I love the research tree, i think its great, however I would love to see a clearer depiction of what the research would unlock, in its current state when i first played it i had no idea what i was unlocking and the descriptions are very vague, it would be nice to see maybe what area the research belongs to, ie. planet development, sceince development, ship expansion, laser turrets, etc etc and what exaclty it unlocked. As for instance the weapon descriptions say plasma battery or whatever but does relate tot he rail gun type weapons or beam weapons or what? Maybe define the weapon types by symbols in the research tree. Once you played it for 40 hours i know now what they are and what they mean but the first few games had me confused.

WEAPONS

I would love to see more weapons in play, i love the 3 turn combat system, but i think more weapons are needed as in turn the defences as well to counter those weapons. I do see the downside in the fact more weapons means more counters which in turns means more ship designing to counter an enemy fleet. Also the hardpoints on some of hte ships seem wierd, i love the hardpoints ont he sheryden class ships they look cool, but i think some hardpoints on some of the races look wierd.

Also it would be nice to see weapons based on the race, how would a human missle look exactly the same as an ameoba missle, in my opinion the ameoba missle could be more biological in origin and the railguns of the ameoba could also be more biolgical. It would be nice to see that kind of visual change in both offense and defense.

SHIPS

I like the 6 ships per race, its a nice balancing mechanic however i would like more ships. Such like Titan class ships or even a single mother type ship that can only be built once.

OTHER

I would like to see planetery defense systems, like space stations or grand to air wepaons from the planets that would damage a orbiting ship if it was taking over the planet, but if we could also action these defnses in the 3 turn combat that would be awesome as well.

The AI for construction on a planet doesnt seem to be top notch. for instance set it to happiness then it starts doing dust but there is little food on the planet t sustain life so should it not do food?

As i said this is all my opinion and i probably have missed something in the game and these points have already been answered.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 11:44:20 AM
About the research tree you do know you can zoom on it and have exact description of what you unlock ?

I like the mothership and space stations ideas tho !
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 12:59:38 PM
More ship types like carriers and titans have been discussed before both by the devs and they guys here in forum in other threads. Probably in an expansion cause 3d add on will probably add the things we unlocked during free weekend (we can always hope for more though :coolsmiley: smile. Same goes for both planetary defences and weapon types. Personally weapon types is what i want more right now for more battle balancing
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment