Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Exploration reward: Xeneomorphic life

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 23, 2012, 10:26:18 AM
Quinevis wrote:
Love ideas like this. Wish there were publicly visibly streamlined system in which ideas like this one would get workshopped and implemented by both devs and players. Maybe an ongoing project, a sort of community expansion? Possible with mods, of course, but for whatever reason I lose some steam thinking about it like that.

Perhaps an endless workshop will be the 4th addon?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 20, 2012, 6:06:05 AM
Love ideas like this. Wish there were publicly visibly streamlined system in which ideas like this one would get workshopped and implemented by both devs and players. Maybe an ongoing project, a sort of community expansion? Possible with mods, of course, but for whatever reason I lose some steam thinking about it like that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 19, 2012, 4:35:49 AM
Bump. The time is getting nearer every day, and we will see whether or not the devs implement this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 4:53:48 PM
Azhrey wrote:
From Mass Effect 1... Can't quite remember all the details... It was about a plant-parasite thingy like a fungus or something that could live for... I don't know for sure how long... but I think it could be immortal as long as nothing killed it... It could take control of people of all races... like a defense system or something... you get to kill it in game...

Here it is more information about it:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Thorian

Oh I see, that's pretty cool, however my guys are on the more 'fauna' end of the xeneomorph family like the zerg or kharaa.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 1:00:29 PM
From Mass Effect 1... Can't quite remember all the details... It was about a plant-parasite thingy like a fungus or something that could live for... I don't know for sure how long... but I think it could be immortal as long as nothing killed it... It could take control of people of all races... like a defense system or something... you get to kill it in game...

Here it is more information about it:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Thorian
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 10:00:47 PM
Dr__Soul wrote:
Very bright idea. It aligns with the spirit of the game.

Thanks, I definitely feel that this would be an interesting and unique discovery in the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 5:43:48 PM
Mr.Spartan126 wrote:
Now this is pretty unique. Post more ideas as this individual wants to see more.

So far the only other idea I had was my custom faction in adders' thread: here
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 8:13:19 PM
Tiaximus wrote:
This is possible, as there are hidden exploration rewards in the XML that suggest adding planet descriptors, but I'm not sure how they work quite yet. Getting them to work on a chosen planet is rough, and may override a prior anomaly there.

It gives me a slight headache to wonder how I would get the AI to chose the results of this choice. Maybe they always pick option 1.

Natural/Endless wonders take up the anomaly slot so it can't override anything to begin with.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 4:04:57 AM
"Upon the finding of the the planet, you discover an small parasite-like alien life form that resides in organic structures comprised of flesh and bone that cover much of the surface. However, they are (mostly) not the terrifying creatures depicted in fictional media. The creatures see the first arrivals as symbiotic companions in their existence rather than a food source. They see the benefits of synthesizing with the populace and reaping the benefits of technology while the colonists receive vast enhancements to their DNA in this mutual relationship".

Choice 1: +3 smiley: science per pop

(Hive mind) The whole populace becomes intellectually inter-connected and share any and all information almost instantly with each other; achieving a level of learning that even the endless could only hope to obtain.

Choice 2: + 25 defense per pop (rather large considering how situational it is), 25% faster invasion recovery

(Hyper mutation) When a planet is invaded normally the military defends it, however with their new found evolutionary powers the entire populace, when the need arises can evolve natural defenses like a carapace, claws, bone-scythes,the ability to disgorge acid and more, making them (nearly) as dangerous as their assailants. Not pretty, but war never is.

Choice 3: +2 smiley: industry per pop

(Xenoadrenaline) The muscle structure of the denizens have permanently mutated giving way to superior strength and endurance making normally laborious work only a minimal effort.

I know not about balance so ill leave specific numbers/%ages up to the devs. However since it affects the populace as a whole, it should be a per smiley: stickouttongueopulation: bonus. (The numbers are examples that could be used).

[EDIT] Oh yeah, it applies to the whole system.

[EDIT] Considering the rarity and powerful/dramatic effects of such a life form I think it would be better off as a natural wonder instead of an exploration reward and a decision could be made to exploit one of the latter features.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 7:45:33 AM
This is possible, as there are hidden exploration rewards in the XML that suggest adding planet descriptors, but I'm not sure how they work quite yet. Getting them to work on a chosen planet is rough, and may override a prior anomaly there.

It gives me a slight headache to wonder how I would get the AI to chose the results of this choice. Maybe they always pick option 1.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 9:04:49 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Sort of like setting the wonder to a particular setting, but without the knowledge to change it once it's set?

Sounds awesome dude. smiley: wink

No You'll know what each exploit does, I just didn't know what numbers to put that were balanced so I left the numbers ???. I'll leave the exact # to the devs. I'll edit in some examples later to clear up confusion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 12:33:08 PM
Sort of like setting the wonder to a particular setting, but without the knowledge to change it once it's set?

Sounds awesome dude. smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 10:38:02 PM
Well it is your suggestion, so it can work however you like it too. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 9:11:14 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well if exploring, you would get the reward.

But if the reward is gotten by later colonizing the system, what if you get beaten to the punch?

Don't bash on me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how it goes: If you get an reward that takes effect when the planet is colonized, since you were the first person to discover the planet the reward is "reserved" for you until you colonize/take control of it. But this patch is very new to me so I'm not 100% sure if it works that way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 6:27:14 PM
Well if exploring, you would get the reward.

But if the reward is gotten by later colonizing the system, what if you get beaten to the punch?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 5:59:51 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
What is another power colonizes it first?

Would they get the anomaly you selected for the planet in the system?

I thought exploration rewards only affect the player who got there first?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 5:57:08 PM
What is another power colonizes it first?

Would they get the anomaly you selected for the planet in the system?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 5:42:33 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Is this an exploration award/decision?

I like it.

How/whom would the effect be applied?

It's an exploration reward, so the first person to dicover, and it only takes effect on that system (to that person) when it is colonized.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 5:18:27 PM
Is this an exploration award/decision?

I like it.

How/whom would the effect be applied?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment