I like this idea
I like this idea, but feel it could be improved
I don't like this idea, but feel it could be improved
I don't like this idea
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 6:12:35 PM
I also think cravers process populations into raw biomass then cycle it through the queens (think gory playdough) where it is remoulded on a genetic level to form new cravers. So the next system to go down is actually fighting against the re-constituted corpses of their people mashed together and reformed into cybernetic killing machines.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 5:46:43 PM
Maybe defences can be made and designed just like ships off different chassis and have their own tab next to the hangers and system improvements with a max defence limit in points. Then you have your system improvements provide buffs and an increase to the "defence command points" per system?

You could share weapon tech and even have a defence specific set of modules smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 5:37:10 PM
I agree and you wont get shoot at by the guns till you click the invasion button.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 5:08:12 PM
That is certainly possible, however I was thinking more along the lines of Civ 5, unlocking kinetic beam and missile weapons to fire at the opposing fleet with the retaliation being their invasion.

The ability to unlock and use defense platforms, gun battery's, STL battle barges and such for designing a thicker orbital defense policy is certainly an options, but until the invasion begins I feel like an opposing fleet could just evade you, thus giving an invader a reason to not invade straight away or face retaliation against defenses they cannot survive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 4:56:07 PM
I say you have obital guns that act as a ship fight would, i would say you could design your own and then build them. They cant move but they get like -35% tonnage for defiance mods and maybe +10% to damage out put. You cant start ground combat till there gone.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 4:46:58 PM
Indeed, assaulting the defenses during an invasion has been suggested before but I have no strong thoughts on how to accomplish this feat.

The planet and stations get equipped with missile/beam/kinetic weapons to fire during every battle?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment