Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sandbox mode

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:15:37 PM
Now a rebellion would be fun... Once you conquered the galaxy your most battle hardened hero decides it's his empire.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 9:28:31 PM
Tsumegeri wrote:
I wanted to research all of the tech tree to learn their effects but those pesky aliens keep interfering and when i attack them, suddenly I win and the game end. so a sandbox mode would allow me to built freely and test out different built order, test weapons (on pirates), etc.

anybody else think this is a good idea? smiley: biggrin

http://www.moddb.com/mods/endless-space-sandbox

There you go
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 6:17:52 PM
This thread is the origin of including sandbox modes discussions.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13246-suggestion-add-some-static-galaxies-for-testing

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13863-alone-in-space-game-mode

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:42:35 PM
I'll agree with the progression indicator and the after play idea. you guys are genius. also going to try un-checking all of the victory conditions.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:43:57 PM
Also, wouldn't a sandbox mode require a bigger galaxy? As of now, Huge is not.. Huge. At-least that's my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:46:21 PM
I was able to "win" and keep playing simply by disabling all the victory conditions(i always do this when I first play a game so i cant be beaten except by conventional means :3). That pretty much put the game into a sandbox mode. An actual option for free-play would be nice though. Not a bad idea at all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:34:00 PM
People have been reporting of being able to get unchecked victories such as economic victory. Point is though it's a bug in the alpha not an intended feature, so in the final release in theory unchecking all victories will create a sandbox mode.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:32:00 PM
Tsumegeri wrote:
I wanted to research all of the tech tree to learn their effects but those pesky aliens keep interfering and when i attack them, suddenly I win and the game end. so a sandbox mode would allow me to built freely and test out different built order, test weapons (on pirates), etc.

You can limit victory conditions to supremacy or below.

Its as simple as that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:31:35 PM
valmarus wrote:
Effectively there is a sandbox mode, I'm pretty sure you're able to unchck all the victory conditions.

I think a dev said there's a bug with unchecking victory conditions at the moment and that it doesn't work. When it's fixed though people should be able to play forever if they uncheck everything.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:24:37 PM
Effectively there is a sandbox mode, I'm pretty sure you're able to unchck all the victory conditions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:45:02 AM

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:00:49 PM
That is a bummer. It would be even more fun, to hit a "mix it up" button (name to be decided!), which creates a random effect to reinvigorate the game! An empire split, where one of your heroes becomes your mortal enemy and takes half the kingdom with him, or a rebellion, or one of your foes comes back with a vengeance with new technology, to provide a further challenge, and maybe a new option next game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:45:49 AM
MT4K wrote:
To be honest i'm surprised there isn't one already. I never thought to look for one myself, but for sure if there isn't a screen showing how close to victory the races are then there really should be.

The same here, I assumed it already had that mode. Normally all kinds of these games got the classical play after victory.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:44:28 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
The game need a "victory panel" to show you how close you are to winning.

To be honest i'm surprised there isn't one already. I never thought to look for one myself, but for sure if there isn't a screen showing how close to victory the races are then there really should be.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:20:15 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
The game need a "victory panel" to show you how close you are to winning.

I second.

If spying is implemented in the game later, it could also be interesting to see your progression and this of your allies but not the progression of your ennemies (unless you spy them).
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment