Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom Faction Options

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 8:58:17 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if you, the developers, could add an option in the custom faction options to choose the starting planet for factions. Right now I found that they were attached to faction affinity, but that is not helpful when I want to have a Jungle Planet with United Empire Affinity.

Also I was wondering if there is a chance that ship designs and character portraits can be divorced. For example, I could have the automatons with Pilgrim ships or UE with Horatio ships.

Things I hope could be implemented.

Thanks,

ben_caleb
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 11:48:35 PM
I absolutely second this. One of my favourite aspects about 4x games is to customize every detail of my faction, but unfortunately the way it's currently handled the custom factions just feel too much like simple restasts of the standard ones. At the very least i would be happier if, like the OP said, ships and race picture didn't have to be tied together, but i really think more options would be very welcome.

Anyway, loving the game so far and I hope it keeps improving smiley: wink

Cheers
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 11:26:01 PM
I need this needed, i don't know how hard it is to actually implement however.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 3:18:08 PM
ben_caleb wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if you, the developers, could add an option in the custom faction options to choose the starting planet for factions. Right now I found that they were attached to faction affinity, but that is not helpful when I want to have a Jungle Planet with United Empire Affinity.

Also I was wondering if there is a chance that ship designs and character portraits can be divorced. For example, I could have the automatons with Pilgrim ships or UE with Horatio ships.

Things I hope could be implemented.

Thanks,

ben_caleb

You can actually mod that already.

Portrait: edit the custom faction's xml file in your documents > Endless Space > Faction > myfaction.xml

[CODE][/CODE]

Here, you can change the Cravers portraits to the Horatios.

Starting planets:

• Create a new trait in FactionTrait.xml
  • Create an empty descriptor in EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml
  • Open the GalaxySettings.xml file (in the Plugin folder)
  • Add a new block: Trait = "MyNewTrait"
  • Add after all these blocks: Trait = "AffinityFactionX" in the HomeGeneration part (very beginning of the file). Here, you can set the home planet and the other planets probabilities, etc.
  • Add this new trait to the faction

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 12:35:29 AM
Why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way?

+1 Implement the option
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 10:04:11 PM
+1

It would be great if it got implemented in a neat way, just as the team has implemented the separate visuals/affinity choices.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment