Cargo Ships

Yes.
No.
Needs Improvement. (Say why)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 3:11:36 PM
Sounds good but as people already stated what would happen with the smiley: dust empires using this? Then again they could always just buyout on new colonies the improvements.

Perhaps some prohibitive costs? Maybe up the buyout base on the hull that way the smiley: industry route is more attractive rather than buying it out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 2:56:58 PM
Well, I like you idea but as gameshoes said:

gameshoes wrote:
This is an interesting idea, but I feel that this is too in favor of "the rich get richer" theme too much. Yes, those who do well should be rewarded but that's already done in the fact that they are able to expand.

Players who get ahead can just piggyback on this thing to victory. If you get multiple cargo ships to come from multiple systems, you will quickly colonize areas faster than your opponents ever could.

Then this idea is adding more than just an option, it will become integral for any player's success.

Now, granted that I don't play this game too often I may just be blowing smoke here but that's my input.

it might become too strong/break the system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 2:45:42 PM
gameshoes wrote:
This is an interesting idea, but I feel that this is too in favor of "the rich get richer" theme too much. Yes, those who do well should be rewarded but that's already done in the fact that they are able to expand.

Players who get ahead can just piggyback on this thing to victory. If you get multiple cargo ships to come from multiple systems, you will quickly colonize areas faster than your opponents ever could.

Then this idea is adding more than just an option, it will become integral for any player's success.

Now, granted that I don't play this game too often I may just be blowing smoke here but that's my input.

If you give a way to fix this, it would gladly be added.

Of course, the rich Empires could simply purchase the improvements as well. I think that this idea could help smiley: industry based empires get on level ground with smiley: dust based Empires.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 1:43:16 PM

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 3:46:11 PM
Lord_S wrote:
I think this idea would make the pilgrim's affinity nearly useless. This is something like evacuating a system except of the pop-transport.

I never said that a system could transport the improvements that it made for itself. I said it could only transport off improvements that it made Specifically for exportation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 2, 2013, 11:36:02 PM
Lord_S wrote:
I think this idea would make the pilgrim's affinity nearly useless. This is something like evacuating a system except of the pop-transport.

Personally, I've never liked the pilgrim's affinity, and have always thought it should be changed.

And if they were to change it, I would like to add that the cargo ships should be able to transport population as well.

I have always wanted to get a good hold on systems quickly, and it's very hard to do that if you can only transport one pop. per ship without at least being able to re-use it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 2, 2013, 12:31:16 PM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 4:02:26 AM
Sovereign wrote:
Mhh why not? could has some potential.

Yes Yes i know extremly more complicated in terms of balance but real teamplay...and *real* Trade with actual *Cargo* ships is not existing atm. (sadly)

Making trade more concrete would be nice, yes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 3:00:33 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
First of all, i'm not suggesting trade between players

Mhh why not? could has some potential.

Yes Yes i know extremly more complicated in terms of balance but real teamplay...and *real* Trade with actual *Cargo* ships is not existing atm. (sadly)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 2:55:09 AM
Sovereign wrote:
1.What is with Improvments Trade between players?

2.Didnt u think the Cargo Ships are a little bit to cheap in terms of industrie costs?

First of all, i'm not suggesting trade between players

Second, I thought that since they were low tonnage it would counter their low industry cost. But if necessary it could be raised.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 2:49:33 AM
1.What is with Improvments Trade between players?

2.Didnt u think the Cargo Ships are a little bit to cheap in terms of industrie costs?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment