Should detection radius reveal planets?

Yes
No
Maybe
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 10, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
I would change things further to you having to be in system for a minimum of 1 turn to have the planet types and resources revealed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 8:48:57 PM
WhiteWeasel wrote:
Well my original idea didn't even include anomalies, but I do like striderVs' idea, just without revealing anomalies.
that is correct.

I'm hoping this will once get into the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 16, 2013, 8:16:39 PM
Well my original idea didn't even include anomalies, but I do like striderVs' idea, just without revealing anomalies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 15, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
Hm, maybe just apply this rule to endless wonders then, which are giant enough to be seen in a logical manner.

It could spice expansion up in making endless wonders possibly more contested.

You know, like revealing important war or expansion targets, which grant significant boni to the one owning them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 14, 2013, 9:16:33 PM
adder wrote:
I Don't believe The 15 turn Anomaly reveal is a good idea.

Its not realistic. Also if a system is in enemy territory and you can't reach it due to a block or borders, but is in your influence zone you would eventually know all about the system before you even visited it. This would be unfair.

I'm afraid that it's going to be like adder says.. too unfair.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 14, 2013, 8:39:06 PM
Nightmare90 wrote:
Like this. Also think that 15 turns IS a good measure.

Using scouts is more efficient then after all.
I Don't believe The 15 turn Anomaly reveal is a good idea.

Its not realistic. Also if a system is in enemy territory and you can't reach it due to a block or borders, but is in your influence zone you would eventually know all about the system before you even visited it. This would be unfair.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 14, 2013, 9:51:48 AM
StriderV wrote:
Maybe the longer a system is in the detection radius, the more that is discovered. Like:

Turn 1 - Number of planets.

Turn 3 - Planet Sizes.

Turn 6 - Planet Terraforming level.

Turn 15 - Anomalies/Resources. (Or just never see this until physically present...)

Like this. Also think that 15 turns IS a good measure.

Using scouts is more efficient then after all.

Edit:

Is it possible to edit the OP with the critique and additional suggestions done in this thread?

So people can read up their minds there and then vote without having to read the whole thread.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 13, 2013, 11:33:31 PM
adder wrote:
I'm agreeing with StriderV on this smiley: smile

But without the Anomalies/Resources.

I agree with that, it would be doable. Also this is 8 vote away from being seriously considered, or what ever thing happens when your idea reaches 30.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 13, 2013, 8:35:31 PM
I'm agreeing with StriderV on this smiley: smile

But without the Anomalies/Resources.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 13, 2013, 8:01:16 PM
Maybe the longer a system is in the detection radius, the more that is discovered. Like:

Turn 1 - Number of planets.

Turn 3 - Planet Sizes.

Turn 6 - Planet Terraforming level.

Turn 15 - Anomalies/Resources. (Or just never see this until physically present...)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 27, 2013, 11:38:29 PM
Simple, if a unexplored system is in your detection radius you should be able to see it like you normally would if you sent a ship there. My reasoning is that if you could see incoming ships, why can't you see big honking planets?

For instance that blue sun is WELL within my detection radius, so I should be able to see it like the yellow sun system. Maybe not being able to see everything like anomalies, resources, and wonders. So you still have a reason to scout. But you should at least be able to see the number, size, & type of planet. Heck, we can do that now with telescopes. This will also make the stellar guardians & meticulous analysis more useful too.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 11:21:24 PM
Shivetya wrote:
to be honest, you can detect the planets by telescope long before you have space flight.

Now you won't get exact types, but you would know how many.

Ok then, tier 0 of the tech tree. Tech Name = Telescope Cost = 1 lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 11:11:41 PM
to be honest, you can detect the planets by telescope long before you have space flight.

Now you won't get exact types, but you would know how many.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 10:59:43 AM
With Cis-oort satellites, this sounds like a great addition to the game. Hopefully, it wouldn't increase maintenance cost per turn for the satellites. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 4:32:50 AM
I don't know how, but sometimes it does.

I want it to work all da time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 3:17:04 AM
WhiteWeasel wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking of Cis-oort satellites, and now you scare me mind reader. oO'

Great minds think alike, right?

lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 2:41:47 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Or maybe even that satellite improvement could serve two purposes...

That's exactly what I was thinking of Cis-oort satellites, and now you scare me mind reader. oO'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 11:45:14 PM
You might want to clarify to everyone that you are not, of course, talking about the blue circle. Influence area has nothing to do with it (But Im not saying that that is what you said lol)

Perhaps a (cheap) system improvement? Like, Sensor Confinement Aray or something? Or maybe even that sattelite improvement could serve two purposes...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 11:11:28 PM
Would like to see influence area having more impact in early game like that.

Can't really think of any reason why one could not identify that planets on the nearby sun.

On the other hand I am not really into thinking. smiley: wink

Edit: Of course did I mean the detection radius. (Thanks Stealth_Hawk!) smiley: rollsweat
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 29, 2013, 9:40:55 PM
I answered "Maybe", thinking that planets are complicated things, and the sensors may not be "designed" to see their details... but then again, if your sensor has a fine enough resolution to detect the weaponry of a relatively tiny warship in orbit around that star, it could probably detect the details of the planets in orbit.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment