Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom faction portraits

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 9:47:14 AM
Hey, firstly I understand that you're able to use custom JPG/PNGs for your custom faction portrait, although I get totally confused when reading the modding guides.

I'd just like to suggest that rather than a mod there is an in-game feature to browse your PC and use a custom image, or failing that, just a simple "shove it in a folder and it will appear in-game as a valid option" method. (I'm not really into modding and am worried I'll break something, but would really like the opportunity to use custom images to make some crazy races.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:54:32 AM
CaptainPerhaps wrote:
Hey, firstly I understand that you're able to use custom JPG/PNGs for your custom faction portrait, although I get totally confused when reading the modding guides.

I'd just like to suggest that rather than a mod there is an in-game feature to browse your PC and use a custom image, or failing that, just a simple "shove it in a folder and it will appear in-game as a valid option" method. (I'm not really into modding and am worried I'll break something, but would really like the opportunity to use custom images to make some crazy races.)
Yes, please. In a game where the portrait is static, and your interaction with your opponents has a hologram, this should be an option, and having a generic hologram representing your custom faction.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 9:23:47 PM
That would be pretty good, and I'm guessing, also pretty simple to achieve?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 2:28:01 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

one should think so compared to how complex all the other stuff looks!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 2:48:52 PM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:

I hope it's easy to make, but Im afraid, it isn't smiley: biggrin

Would be really cool to have our gifs in there smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 3:19:36 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I hope it's easy to make, but Im afraid, it isn't smiley: biggrin

Would be really cool to have our gifs in there smiley: smile

Well, not literally our mug shots coz that would just ruin it smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:08:20 PM
n18991c wrote:
Well, not literally our mug shots coz that would just ruin it smiley: stickouttongue

Ah, well, you know what I meant, no need to interpret it all the wrong way lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:35:26 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Ah, well, you know what I meant, no need to interpret it all the wrong way lol

True, but I couldn't resist! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 11:04:47 PM
Custom portraits are a must.

IMO it wouldn't be that bad if there was a holographic question mark instead of race leader's hologram.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
Custom portraits are a must.

IMO it wouldn't be that bad if there was a holographic question mark instead of race leader's hologram.

Mhhh yes it would. But, maybe they could separate appearance and portraits in the race maker, so we could choose what the actual beings of our race look like.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
Honestly, I would accept alternate appearances based on the current factions for custom factions. Like, a Hissho wearing a different set of armor holding a rifle as opposed to a sword, a differently shaped Amoeba, a female United Empire leader, etc etc.

However, a built-in ability to add your own portrait/hologram would be very accepted.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment