Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Implement a "MaxStarsPerConstellation" constraint

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 11:25:41 AM
Pretty straightforward really.

I like using the MinStarsPerConstellation constraint to make the default galaxy generation more interesting, and more balanced than the "System balance" function ever seems to get it. That value, and all the other GalaxySettings, can be changed without causing a version conflict in MP which means I don't have to distribute my .XML every time a game is started.

The addition of a "MaxStarsPerConstellation" constraint would allow for absolute constellation sizes, which would make playing on Tiny or Small maps more tenable with 5+ players. Although it isn't ideal, from a default galaxy generation perspective, used by people who know how to edit it (and perhaps eventually have a way to edit it from the lobby?) it can be very useful.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 11:58:23 PM
That is a good idea I would like that. A lot fo the big map I generate I use because it has a lot to fight over but the constellations are just to big even if I put as many as possible. I would like to limit the size of a constellation to no more then 5 most often.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment