Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fixed diplomatic status (for MP)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 12:06:18 AM
n18991c wrote:
Or play against all of your friends, all of whom are in a grand alliance opposing you...? haha smiley: stickouttongue

I could and would win... my buddies aren't good at these games.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 11:41:00 PM
From my understanding a majority of the team is either on a holiday break at the moment, or have returned and are busy working in the new game features and custom faction voted in on the latest G2G poll. Once they release a new G2G vote to vote on, that will probably be an indication that they're considering the newer and popular suggestions on these forums.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 30, 2012, 6:39:14 PM
I'm a big fan of this idea.

Can the OP add a poll to this? I think that will help us show support for this idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 12:38:39 PM
I purchased endless space earlier today and while finishing my first round my pal started msging me on steam. "how's endless space? any good?" I jumped into TS with him and five minutes later another $30 went flying over steam. In the lobby we were dumb founded by the options... galaxies planets pirates what kind of victories etc... but there was no option to set teams. Team strategy requires communication and adds a whole new layer of player experience to the depth already established. Sure we know we are allies but as it has been stated the AI's we are fighting against are not going to ally up to defeat us. It is such an oversight that this has not been implemented in some form or another. After all this is games2gether, not games1alone (aka boring). Anyway I just wanted to share my anecdote as every1 else has already provided the necessary support for the arguement.

Stop what you are doing and add coop/teams immediately. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 2:54:53 PM
Kallin wrote:
Stop what you are doing and add coop/teams immediately. smiley: smile

Tell that to the Mac users and modders. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 6, 2012, 9:30:05 PM
Wanted to add my support. Me and my friend recently bought Sins rebellion because it had this feature, and ES did not, otherwise we would have bought ES instead. We've been playing coop games with this feature for years and would like to see it added to this game. Getting the computer to team up against a coop team is key because you can add more players to AI teams to increase difficulty. If this game adds it, I'd consider buying it too, otherwise to me the game seems like a single player game, and although looks fun even in that mode, not enough to compete with other similar types.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 9:36:51 AM
guys, message received smiley: wink

I agree with you, there are quite a few options I would love to add in MP including fixed team, Alliance victory, kicking players, private msg and a few other ones... we are tracking them with a rather high priority.

ST
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 1:34:47 AM
I would very much like Fixed teams because then I'd actually consider playing Mp. I hate to work it out alone and I want to have someone who's got my back and I can trust. If this is added in then I might play some Mp. Till then though. 1+
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 5:20:44 PM
+1 we're being heared. Like the idea of pre-fixed teams to ally with friends. Wether it's against the ai or other players. Fixed teams should be possible with combined winning conditions. Thanks to the devs for working on this one :-)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 12:18:19 AM
Hi Space Troll, are you able to let us know if locked teams ect, will be available in one of the up and coming 3 expansions?

The reason I ask is that myself and my 3 friends have shelved ES as multiplier against the AI (off which is very ruthless :P) is no much fun when its 4 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 3:49:55 AM
JonathanPrice wrote:
This has been an option in many rts and I think it'd make a great addition to endless space games.

Maybe make it so craverns are always at war with anyone who isn't always an ally in these options, usually expected to be another cravern. (can not be but most players wouldn't do that if they don't like breaking the lore)

Just off the top of my head i can think of a lore friendly way that cravers and sowers would work together. One of the hive-lord-thinking things realized that they couldn't sustain themselves, and bumped into sowers, who are amazing at terraforming. The hivelord offers to the sower thought core to protect and aid them for being allowed to live on planets they terraform.

The next is if you pair Hisso and Sophon, its that nerd who helped the sports guy pass his final, and they become good mates, and then some guy gives the nerd shit, so the sports guy fights off the bully. They also both like halo and progressive metal.

Edit: I also doubt that two craver hives would work together, I imagine them as very similar to Warhammer40K Orks, fighting as much amongst their own clans as with outsiders.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 15, 2012, 8:22:02 AM
Pre-Determined Teams. Yes!

I would love to be able to play WITH my friends against the AI! Or, set up a 2v2!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 15, 2012, 7:41:14 PM
StriderV wrote:
Pre-Determined Teams. Yes!

I would love to be able to play WITH my friends against the AI! Or, set up a 2v2!

Or play against all of your friends, all of whom are in a grand alliance opposing you...? haha smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 11:14:49 PM
Any word from the game Devs on if we will be able to G2G vote this functionality in?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 4:39:02 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with this feature? My friends and I shelved this game after the first week we had it once we realized we couldn't play co-op against the AI. We spent a while learning to play and then went on to multilayer and realized our games were just turning into a 3v1v1v1 and we would stomp the computer since we were working together and they weren't. Anyway, no need to rehash all the points that have been made earlier in the thread. I'd just thought I'd check back to see if this is anywhere close to being implemented or it's just kind of gone by the wayside.

Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 6:42:51 AM
Dokyo wrote:
Does anyone know what's going on with this feature? My friends and I shelved this game after the first week we had it once we realized we couldn't play co-op against the AI. We spent a while learning to play and then went on to multilayer and realized our games were just turning into a 3v1v1v1 and we would stomp the computer since we were working together and they weren't. Anyway, no need to rehash all the points that have been made earlier in the thread. I'd just thought I'd check back to see if this is anywhere close to being implemented or it's just kind of gone by the wayside.

Thanks.

This is exactly what is happening with us. This is the absolute most important feature that we want at the moment: the ability to do 3v3 PCvAI games. With this whole G2G thing, isn't there a place where we can vote up this as an important addition?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 28, 2012, 6:59:40 PM
I completely agree that ES needs the ability to set teams in the game setup window. I have a buddy I play with and we have to tech up to just to get shared vision.

If early trade routes would be a balance issue you could still delay cooperation agreements until the proper tech is researched.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 8:32:11 AM
+1

I have been playing ES for a while now and I must say the one thing its lacking is set teams. Both me and my friend can easily beat 7 AI'S solo on endless difficulty using up to a large map. When we try to play co-op we almost always stomp the AI on a huge map on Endless difficulty since it just ends up being 2 V 1 V 1 V 1 V 1 V 1 V 1.

If the AI could be set to teams we could finally have a challenge and bring in our other friends for 4 V 4 ect.

As stated before the problem is not "creating" a human team and deciding when you've won (although team victory would be nice). The BIG PROBLEM is that the AI won't retaliate on its own by teaming up against the all powerful human team.

Please add an option to configure AI teams at the very least.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 5:52:48 AM
Making my first post to add my upvote to this discussion.

For people who love casual 4X, locked team multiplayer is a wonderful option. It's a great way to spend an afternoon or whole day, relaxing with a buddy or three while playing a fun and challenging PvE game.

Also as mentioned above, for those of us who have conquered the PvE experience (I still find it challenging to beat 7 AIs on Endless on a huge map as a default race, but I wouldn't mind a bigger challenge!), locked teams allow 1v2v2v2 and other interesting scenarios.

Thus, I'd say that the addition of locked teams would really bring a lot of people, casual and hardcore PvE alike, back to the game. Right now I only play it when I have complete insomnia and just want to burn 6 hours by myself until the sun rises.

Cheers.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment