Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Options to make starting or "rerolling" a new game faster and less tedious.

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 6:47:39 PM
Yep, this would be nice for single player... As a "bonus" make single player separate from multiplayer. Of course, that doesn't really work with "create game" always defaulting to creating a single player game, then you have to switch to multi...
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 10:26:50 PM
I'm really OCD about the colors for specific enemy races and I don't like to keep re-inputting those settings. +1 for idea.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 11:27:34 AM
Clocknova wrote:

Another option would be to make it so that there can only be one of each faction in a game unless the player specifically requests otherwise. Personally, I hate having a game with two or more versions of the same faction. If I select a game with 8 AI opponents, I should get one of each faction, not three versions of one faction and two factions left out. In either case, the speed and difficulty options should be "sticky" just like the galaxy settings.

I especially want this!

I'm tired of having 2 or more same factions in 1 game...I want each one of them.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 4:39:22 AM
Maybe anyone has an idea how to get devs attention to this thread?

If not in add-ons at least in expansion we would get this most useful feature.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 4:50:32 AM
Got one idea myself.)

Signature!

It worked for "sowers case" at least, hope it ll help us too.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 10:27:35 PM
I've added ny 0.02 cents before, but I'll do it again. YES!!!!!!!!!!!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 20, 2014, 12:03:48 AM
I hate that I have to resurrect this old thread, but the issue in question still has not been dealt with. Any chance you guys might still fix this problem?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 9:42:32 PM
I think that it would be very helpful if the game would save all of the players' settings in the new game creation screen, the way it already does with the galaxy parameter settings. Specifically, the game speed and difficulty are always reset to default, and the AI selections are always reset to random. When I start a new game, I generally like to "reroll" my galaxy until I get a starting system with at least one other decent readily colonizable planet, and it becomes something of a pain to have to constantly reset every value to what I like. Since I generally like to play on the largest galaxies with the maximum number of opponents, resetting all of the AIs each time is annoying.

Another option would be to make it so that there can only be one of each faction in a game unless the player specifically requests otherwise. Personally, I hate having a game with two or more versions of the same faction. If I select a game with 8 AI opponents, I should get one of each faction, not three versions of one faction and two factions left out. In either case, the speed and difficulty options should be "sticky" just like the galaxy settings.

A third possibility, and my personal favorite, would be to add an option to automatically regenerate a new galaxy based on the last parameters that were selected. This can be done either from the main menu or from within a just started game, or both. Most 4X games can do this, including GalCiv2 and Civilization. In GalCiv2, for example, all you have to do is press control-n during the first turn and a new galaxy using the current settings is immediately generated. Civ IV has a similar option to rebuild the map, again from the first turn only.

You could also offer a "quick start" option from the main menu that generates a new game based on the player's last game settings. I generally don't vary my settings much and this would be quite convenient.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 6:02:41 PM
Still no movement on this. Rolling a new game is still so tedious I rarely want to play.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 5:44:53 PM
I'm kind of surprised that this wasn't added with the latest add-on. This cannot possibly be a very difficult thing to fix, can it? Just a tweak here and there in the way the game saves info to its config files, and perhaps a UI tweak to add a checkbox or something. Is this something that can be easily modded in by a player?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 12:59:19 PM
+1 on this idea, I like this in Starbase Orion on iOS, it even keeps my customised race that I like to play
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 18, 2012, 6:43:06 PM
I don't mind having an asteroid belt in my systems myself, they look cool and add something exotic to the game. However, should you ever find yourself with a system comprising mostly huge planets which you can terraform, then you're in for a real treat, because you'll be able to have rediculously massive output! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 8:31:30 PM
Ah, if you are also adding in the requirement of no asteroids/gas giants then yes, it becomes a lot more difficult to meet the criteria smiley: wink On the other hand, I actually prefer having a gas giant/asteroid or two in a system, so long as it has at least 2 "moderate" planets in the system as well (moderate meaning not worse than arctic/desert and size at least medium unless I'm playing with the crowded planets trait). So long as you have 2 moderate or better planets for the early growth of the system (or a single large/huge terran/jungle) having a couple gas giants or asteroids is actually better for mid-game production once you can handle the approval penalties with morale boosting improvements.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 8:47:26 AM
Yes, apologies, I had already factored that in: what I meant was that, despite having the map settings on many planets per system etc, I have nevertheless never ended up with a six planet starting system which comprised planets only and not asteroid belts etc.

My maximum all-planet starting system was five proper planets with the sixth slot being empty.

I get the feeling though that I simply have to start more games and then, surely, fortune will favour me at some point! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 4:58:30 AM
With the normal map settings, a full 6 planet system is very rare to begin with, very unlikely to see in your starting area in general much less directly in your home system. If you want to have more chance, you can change the map settings to have more planets per system prior to starting a new game smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 10:56:08 PM
All for it, have frequently ended SP games myself because my starting system was crap and therefore had to restart.

Btw, I've never had a six planet system as a starting system despite once restarting the game an incredible 15 times... I wonder why that is, anyone else experience that? Perhaps I was just incredibly unlucky...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 6:53:33 PM
Sorry to make a redundant request, but I can only spare SO much time to search for something before I just go ahead and make a new post. But seriously, this should be a no-brainer, and it can't be that hard to implement, can it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 14, 2012, 4:38:33 PM
Suggested many times in these forums, but that only proves how many people want this implemented, me included! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 4:43:32 AM
I totally agree with OP. The most usefull idea. Thought of that many times.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment