Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Design Overview

I love my real name and I'm proud to be in game. I'll take the Red Pill please!
I'm 1337 and would prefer my Steam nick be in game. 1 Blue pill please.
I could care less. Morpheus can stuff his pills!
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 18, 2012, 11:47:29 AM
Ataeus wrote:
This game definitely sounds like it's on the right path to being the best 4X game out there. The game design so far and the openness of the community has already sold me on the product. smiley: biggrin

Fixed that for you smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:01:32 PM
In regard to the general design I love it: very smooth, very nice, very design. I'm just wondering regarding the choice of visual for the system view: A Star System in a circle would have been better. The "shell" positionning of planets reminds too much of a "Windows" list. It would be easy to see planets from a Star point of view and it would look good too.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:39:45 AM
Monarch - I dunno. The Cravers are essentially grasshoppers; they will follow the most fruitful food source. If an ant colony, or even a single animal (or human farmer) moves in and leads them to food, they will leave the creature/s alone to profit off their work. If a United Empire hero punched their way through Craver space leaving a trail of Dust and death in their wake, I can see the Cravers - if not 'accepting' them - at least following them around. Just my thoughts, though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 12:14:18 AM
I still have to sink my teeth into the game, but already a few questions come in mind...

1) Will all 8 Races-Affinities be fixed, or will we have a 'Custom' race, where we can choose a different affinity-race combo?... For example, Human-Locust...

2) Is a Random choice for your race would be available?... If so, can you block one or more races from being chosen (for example, No Cravers and Sophens, but the rest can be chosen in the random choice)?...

3) Can you choose the design (look, shape, etc...) of your ships when choosing your race (like in Master of Orion 1)?...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:25:32 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
It's intended. Heroes are not tied to their race. And some of them have been rejected by their race (so it make sense that they appear on another race hiring screen)

I think the back story for some of the heroes switching sides makes sense, but I would prefer if races mainly had their own race for heros. The Cravers wouldn't hire a Sophen. They would eat him.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:23:58 AM
It's intended. Heroes are not tied to their race. And some of them have been rejected by their race (so it make sense that they appear on another race hiring screen)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 9:04:05 PM
Is this just a beta issue or do heroes just pop up not matter what faction they are from? I dislike this strongly from a thematic viewpoint as it ruins immersion..Is it WAD?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 18, 2012, 11:53:24 AM
Raptor wrote:
Fixed that for you smiley: wink

That may be a legitimate fix - and that's coming from someone who's become extremely jaded with the overall quality of games these past few years. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:39:09 PM
I just noticed something. The Horatio are listed as "gameplay: Expand", but one of their traits is "anti-expansionists". Surely that's a little counter to what their gameplay style is saying :S
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 18, 2012, 11:45:30 AM
This game definitely sounds like it's on the right path to being one of the best 4X games out there. The game design so far and the openness of the community has already sold me on the product. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 11, 2012, 12:06:03 PM
Boygor wrote:
You've got a pretty unfortunate spelling mistake in your post smiley: smile

Now he doesnt. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 8:45:40 PM
Brett wrote:
One of the little things that would make me happy about a space colonization game is being able to watch planets and other space bodies to rotate and revolve around the star...and perhaps meteors and comets flinging by and changing trajectories as they get pulled by the planet's gravity...if I can stop what I'm currently doing in the game and just marvel at all the activity and perhaps just purely graphical little ships and fleets going from planet to planet that don't necessarily do anything, I'd be a very content emperor smiley: biggrin... Just little minute details that lets you see the bustling activity of an empire in space.

I would totally like to see something like this in the game. It would make it feel so much more epic. If something like this is done (hope it is) it should have an option to disable since i could see that really bogging down some systems, especially late game. Beyond that i cant wait. This game sounds absolutely amazing.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 11:42:29 AM
GeorgeB wrote:
I read somewhere that u'll be able to customize ur ships... are we talking about Sword of the Stars type of customization?

Very much liked the rapid firing guns in the trailer... they gave a very intense feel to the battles. Just brilliant.

Read the first post in this thread: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11002-discussion-ship-design

This about everything we know about ship customization so far.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 11:37:45 AM
I read somewhere that u'll be able to customize ur ships... are we talking about Sword of the Stars type of customization?

Very much liked the rapid firing guns in the trailer... they gave a very intense feel to the battles. Just brilliant.

Another quick question... will the player be able to zoom in to the surface of their planet and manage the settlements? Example... Imperium Galactica 2.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 9:47:38 AM
guy_shalev wrote:
finally a game worthy for all those who waited since Master Of orion 2 ( 3 was an abomination).

a few things:

1. how can you colonize a gas giant? (logicaly) they have no land to build.

2. what about teraforming?

3. will different species have different habitation needs? i mean we live on a carbon-Nitrogen based world, will we see other races living on different types of worlds?

1. we consider that it will be space stations around the planet. therefore population will be very limited on gaz giants, but their exploitation bonuses very motivating.

2. we cannot terraform them.

3. we did not want to enter in that kind of details, yet each faction has different home planet types.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:13:39 PM
Aerensiniac very nicely done. You cover a lot of the issues that many people have mentioned and put it in a nice easy to read format.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 13, 2015, 4:28:41 PM
SpaceTroll wrote:
Heroes

Technology

When the game starts, all empires know only basic technologies, based on their Empire Traits and Empire Affinities. This means that an empire has only access to basic ships, System Improvements, and Planetary Improvements.

A technology tree interface allows you to select a new Technology to research. Once it is selected, research points generated from your Solar Systems are accumulated during the galactic turns to complete the research.

Each new technology grants the player several possible gains such as new ship types or modules, Planetary or System Improvements, exploitation of Resources, new game mechanics (such as spying or forms of travel), and of course access to further technologies to research.

More details will be available in the Technology Thread.

Diplomacy

You play the game with other empires, but these are not necessarily your enemies. Through a special Diplomacy screen, you can contact other empires, activate treaties with them (peace, war, open borders, alliances of different kinds), make deals of mutual interest, or force them to accept your conditions.

Allied empires can help you improve your economy, speed up research, fight alongside you, and allow your fleets to navigate through their territory. Enemy empires offer possibilities of expansion for your empire, especially as critical Resources may be under their control.

Based on your previous interactions with them, empires will have an attitude towards you, from hatred to adoration. This will condition how they respond to your proposals for treaties and deals, although the strength of your empire and its armies will also be a factor.

At the start of the game most races have a neutral attitude towards one another and are at peace, unless one of them chooses to declare war.

This one is about the best tech tree that I have ever seen in any 4x game.

I loved that especially early game you have to make huge decisions that set your path in the tech tree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:22:37 AM
So far I've played a decent amount of the game and find it pretty awesome. (except for those two glitches; the end-turn battle freeze and once and awhile a free roaming ship enters my territory from off the grid.)

I was wondering is there a way to have more then three heros hired at one time? Other then that... what if the heros can be mortally wounded in battle instead of only incapacitated.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment