Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Ship Spinning in Ship Design Mode

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:43:03 PM
Yep, it certainly would be something positive.

I mean they have the 3D sprites for the ships already (through battles) so it would be not that hard to place the entire thing in the design box.

Oh and design box... anybody else noticed how useless it is?

I mean... you see in detail what goes where, but you cant outfit, change, switch, design in detail anything.

Its basically a large .bmp file of nothing.

Needs tweaking and also needs a crap load of installables on the ships.

Masters of Orion 2 please.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:19:58 AM
It would be a fun little thing, but it's in no way a priority thing and I could easily do without it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:50:02 AM
jetkar wrote:
To be honest it will not be good idea unless you can customise the exterior of the ships in the way they look. As well as adding your types of interior ship fittings.

Yes! . . . Well mostly lol

joxang wrote:
In an ideal world, something like the 3D models in GalCiv minus the actual dragging of components to make crazy ship shapes.

A 3D draggable and rotatable model so we can appreciate the beauty, and hardpoints where weapons and other components might appear.

It would make me so very very happy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:28:30 PM
Im supporting this.

Also: I wont copy paste, but please refer to my blog post. Leave your thoughts and if you agree with me, keep on posting the link around. I hope to get the devs attention somehow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:36:38 PM
I would also like to see the effects of customization on the ship but that might be a lot of work since each piece of equipment will need to be model differently
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 2:08:11 PM
I would almost conscider roating a ship in the design box necessary. smiley: stickouttongue

Also, it would be cool to rotate planets and such as you are watching them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:05:37 PM
I disagree with changing a ships interior, I feel that would be effort that could be spent elsewhere. However when it comes to exterior changes, that would be almighty nice! Most of the ships in this game are incredibly good looking, and to be able to add to them would be epic! If this was implemented, a way to rotate the ship would be almost necessary.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:53:57 PM
Boygor wrote:
Exterior I agree with but interior? When would you see the inside of a ship (unless its exploding)?

By making the ship exterior become transparent and see the interior where your mods/fittings are placed.

Anyway just a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:51:36 PM
I would defo like to see a ship change when I add mods to it, but that would require new models(or multiple models placed on one another). I agree though, the picture it shows you of the ship n whatnot isnt really usefull at all. Half the time it isnt even accurate(where it says the guns are, yet where they fire from in combat is different). That could be replaced with either a more usefull interactive desighn box(with rotating ship models), or a stats window that gives a bit more information(less visually appealing, but makes more sense). Hell, if you can do both, thats a double win imo.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:31:35 AM
Hi,

Just started playing the game enjoying fiddling with making new ships with custom names and what not smiley: biggrin.

I don't know if this is happening or what but would it be possible to have a 3D ship manipulation whilst designing new ships? I do like the idea of getting to see all of the ships in detail, always fun to see the artistic bits and bobs smiley: biggrin

Thoughts?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:13:32 PM
lol dont need to change the way it looks to want to spin it around. When I first started playing and had never seen any of the ships before, I wanted to look them over, see what they looked like. Spent a good 2-3 min trying to spin the ship around just to have a good look at it, lol.

Though I wouldnt mind an option to change maybe ship colors or w/e, id defo want some sort of "ship viewer". A game with such a nice UI just seems to need something like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
jetkar wrote:
To be honest it will not be good idea unless you can customise the exterior of the ships in the way they look. As well as adding your types of interior ship fittings.

Exterior I agree with but interior? When would you see the inside of a ship (unless its exploding)?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:49:31 AM
In an ideal world, something like the 3D models in GalCiv minus the actual dragging of components to make crazy ship shapes.

A 3D draggable and rotatable model so we can appreciate the beauty, and hardpoints where weapons and other components might appear.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:22:37 AM
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:16:42 AM
TotalMetalGamer wrote:
Absolutely, first thing I went to do was spin that ship around. I hope this gets added. smiley: smile

Haha, same here. I reckon it'll be a cool feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:11:44 AM
Interesting making it look like Eve Online when this is a turn based game. May be a good idea and may be not.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment