Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Additional ship classes and improving the already exsisting ones

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
As above, I'm not sure that destroyers become obsolete. But certainly the smaller ships could do with something to help them stay relevant in the endgame.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:10:10 PM
I'm amused by the notion that cruisers and dreadnoughts obsolete destroyers, since poking around it seems that a fleet of pure destroyers with nothing but weapons defeats *everything*, but I'll wait until we have multiplayer to completely pass judgment.

The current system actually penalizes larger ship sizes (lower total displacement), which seems to be in the interests of the folks who would prefer not to have late-game fleets but nothing but dreadnoughts.

I like the idea of system defense vessels (no FTL drive) and having something larger than dreadnoughts (since you've maxed ship size less than halfway through the tech tree at the moment, which is kind of sad).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:05:43 PM
The ship xp actually improves something? Damn, well i guess you learn something new everyday.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 9:45:03 PM
I agree that Corvettes and Destroyers become obsolete and that Dreadnoughts may be overpowered. While larger ships have the advantage of being able to survive longer in the random firefights in Endless Space, their hulls also cost exponentially more. They are overpowered mainly because engines and other systems provide the same bonus to larger ships for the same tonnage and cost and become too big for small ships to carry effectively.

I like the simple ship classes and how each of the ship classes has a bonus regarding each of the broad categories of components.

I would make it so that Dreadnought get, say, a 25% bonus to ship xp (which currently seems to improves hp, but I think should have bonuses to all aspects of the ship), or -20% ship level up cost, to make them less expendable. This would be balanced by altering those components that favor larger hulls and, if that is not enough, by increasing the cost of the dreadnought hull more so.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment